Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are you affectionate in front of your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh has random spurts of being overly lovey, while I enjoy it it makes me uncomfortable in front of my dd. Just not he was hugging me from behind and had his hands on my breast and my 2 yr old says "no touch mommys booboos(boobies)" dh thinks it's not a big deal but I hate it! So now I feel like a jerk for being an ice queen towards him

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Replies (31-40):
AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Same with us!

Quoting Mommynwife26:

We kiss, hug, cuddl, smack or grab Burt's but that's about it. Showing affection in front of kids is healthy so ive never felt uncomfortable in front of them. But I wouldn't make out grope or be sexual in front of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Motherhento10
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM

We hug, kiss- short and not so short, snuggle etc. I think it is important for kids to see that you are a couple and come first to each other. As far as being overtly sexual- when the kids were little, he might whisper something inappropriate in my ear or shield my body from view with his and make a pass but not that type of thing where they would def. witness it. That being said - we shower together every day. Our kids (19, 16, 15, 13) have grown up with this as their "normal". They come in and perch on the toilet or sink and talk to us on a regular basis. There is nothing sexual about any of it. It is hygiene and communication time. 

MamaScho88
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:50 AM

We kiss, hug, and cuddle in front of the kids, sometimes I sit on his lap when he's on the couch and I stroke his hair...and a little grab on the butt is no big deal to us...but we don't do anything sexual in front of the kids like boob grabbing or touching private areas...we think it is healthy and beneficial to be affectionate in front of the kids, it shows them that mommy and daddy love eachother and is important to display what a good, healthy relationship looks like.

alf2651
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM

We'll kiss, hug, cuddle and occasionally smack butts, but we don't grope in front of her.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

LilliesValley
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM

My husband will sneak a grab at the girls but he wont try to do it in front of our daughter, if she catches a glimpse though it's not the end of the world. Kids need to see how to loving people interact. Kissing is fine and hugging and our daughter will see me sit on my husbands lap and that sort of thing. Am I going to have sex in front of her or give him  bj-no way! Will I cop a feel on him if she's in the room but no looking, sure. I think it's more fun to do a quick grab either him grabbing me or me grabbing him if she's not looking but you can getaway with it with the kid in the room. Kind of like kissing someone in front of your parents when you were a teenager. Sometimes just from us kissing my daughter will be like, "Ewww gross." But I think it's important that she sees some of the love we have for each other. Just like I do laundry, dishes or when he cooks dinner. There's things you do in a family and roles you have but love is important. I'd much rather be in a showy loved relationship than not in one. And my hubby used to not be affectionate at all (because his family wasn't that way) so I think it's really important that she sees some kissing and hugs. If she occassionally sees a glance of something else, well she'll be ok.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM

i don't mind affection in front of my kids (good thing cause Irish is very affectionate all the time) and they both do silly things like grab my boobs real quick or swat my butt but it doesn't bother me.  I think it is healthy for kids to see thier parents enjoy spending time with each other.  Making out, not so much lol.  But otherwise i think there would be more affectionate people out there if they saw thier parents enjoying each other and loving each other and that it was ok to hug, kiss, flirt, etc.

klbetts
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:55 AM

DH and I hug, snuggle, kiss,and occasionally grab buns in front of the kids.  If the kids are in the other room a boob grab will happen. I am not into PDA and anything involving my boobs is PDA imo. We kiss and hug in public but anything beyond a quick kiss makes me feel lke an exibitionist. I laid down the rules for this when we were dating, my DH respects my boundaries.  Have you actually told DH that you don't like when he grabs you that way in front of the kids?

supermomz25
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM
This is how we are too.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

He will make grabs when the kids backs are turned. We are affectionate in front of the kids. We hug, kiss (sometimes long enough to make the kids say "eewwww") cuddle

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:58 AM

My husband & I kiss in front of our kids but our kids are all adults

mommy2zayden
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Yes! We want our son to see the love mom and dad have for each other!! He will grow up knowing the right way to love and treat a woman
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)