Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are you affectionate in front of your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh has random spurts of being overly lovey, while I enjoy it it makes me uncomfortable in front of my dd. Just not he was hugging me from behind and had his hands on my breast and my 2 yr old says "no touch mommys booboos(boobies)" dh thinks it's not a big deal but I hate it! So now I feel like a jerk for being an ice queen towards him

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM

A butt grab would be ok by me, boob grab would not.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM

lol oh yeah we always are my kids just think its normal for us to be like that lol

Augmama2be
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:50 PM

This :)

Quoting MagicTemptation:

He will make grabs when the kids backs are turned. We are affectionate in front of the kids. We hug, kiss (sometimes long enough to make the kids say "eewwww") cuddle

vinalex0581
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM

there's a happy medium with being affectionate in front of your kids.

like i think it's ok to hug and kiss in front of the kids but anything passed that is something that needs to be kept behind closed doors.

like no french kissing or touching breasts or obvisously not giving bj's or having sex in front of your kids.

you want your kids knowing that when they are in a relationship that it's all right to be affectionate with them and how are they going to learn unless you lead by example?

CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM
We are very affectionate in front of our children but as far a grabbing boobs and crotchets absolutely not.

We do give the occasionally butt smack but typically the kids aren't right there.

Our 16yr old ended up walking by the kitchen about the time my husband smack my butt. All she said was wow and kept walking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zinniadaisy
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM

We do lots of kisses and hugs - he does a super secret boob/butt grab here and there - we will be the ones whose kids are grossed out - eeeeewwwwww, STOP!!

feliciasmith
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Quoting furbabymum:

A butt grab would be ok by me, boob grab would not.

My dd still thinks of my boobies as hers, she gets overprotective of her stuff!

mamanay041010
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I am affectionate in front of my daughter, it's how I was raised.. I think it's important for children to see loving parents and not just two partners cause there's a difference in children seeing parents collectively being a family and seeing two loving people who they can one day emulate..my daughter usually just asks for hugs and kisses and then we group hug and tickle fight and other times she just doesn't pay us any mind haha.. As long as you aren't full on groping and slobbing each other down I think it paints a positive picture for children of happy loving people 

jordonmasonmom
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Quoting Mommynwife26:

We kiss, hug, cuddl, smack or grab Burt's but that's about it. Showing affection in front of kids is healthy so ive never felt uncomfortable in front of them. But I wouldn't make out grope or be sexual in front of them.

this is DH and I.

anon1986East
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Yes we're affectionate but not inappropriate. I don't blame you for feeling uncomfortable, I don't think it's appropriate to grope your spouse in front of children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)