Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are you affectionate in front of your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh has random spurts of being overly lovey, while I enjoy it it makes me uncomfortable in front of my dd. Just not he was hugging me from behind and had his hands on my breast and my 2 yr old says "no touch mommys booboos(boobies)" dh thinks it's not a big deal but I hate it! So now I feel like a jerk for being an ice queen towards him

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Replies (91-99):
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:30 PM
We do it all the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:31 PM

In front of my kids we kiss lightly, hug, but his grown kids haven't shown much interest in getting to know me, so he's more guarded in front of them : (

Lezly-Anne
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:32 PM
My husband is just like yours and then gets mad at me when I tell him not to do it in front of the boys. My almost 3 year old already runs around shouting penis and vagina because likes to quote the little girl from 'Kindergarten Cop'.
GremlinMom
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I think its important for children to see mom and dad being affectionate. My husband is showing his sons love their mother. Be gentle and caring. He is showing them to give hugs and kisses. I'm showing them dad isn't scary, he needs love too.
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Yuppers!
Nynnie
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM
We kiss and hug and my son can't stand it. He loves us both, but he really feels like mommy is only his. He points at SO and says "Stop!" and "get away!" one time so put his arm around my shoulders while ds was in the highchair and we were all watching a movie and so got hit, very hard, in the side with a cup. One time while we were all in the kitchen, so hugged me and ds pushed in between us, wrapped around my leg and screamed "MINE!" he's only two, the only other man he's ever seen me with was his dad, and I don't think he remembers that or him really. Will is a lot more a dad to him. Idk what to do about this. Any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feliciasmith
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Quoting Nynnie:

We kiss and hug and my son can't stand it. He loves us both, but he really feels like mommy is only his. He points at SO and says "Stop!" and "get away!" one time so put his arm around my shoulders while ds was in the highchair and we were all watching a movie and so got hit, very hard, in the side with a cup. One time while we were all in the kitchen, so hugged me and ds pushed in between us, wrapped around my leg and screamed "MINE!" he's only two, the only other man he's ever seen me with was his dad, and I don't think he remembers that or him really. Will is a lot more a dad to him. Idk what to do about this. Any advice?

This is EXACTLY My dd, she's never met her bio dad though. I was a single mom for a yr and I think dh is still too new for her. She's a jealous girl when it comes to her mommy!

Momof697
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM

neither one of us are get a room affectionate but we hug and kiss in front of the kids.

BKozICan
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM

We touch each other all the time in a non-sexual way, like hand on arm when talking, hand on back when standing together, even kissing on forehead or cheek. Grab-ass and boob squeeze is when kids backs are turned or they're in the other room. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN