Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is your dH/SO affectionate with your kids?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM
  • 55 Replies
Does your SO cuddle, hug, and comfort them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Yes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM
DH is affectionate. I love that they always want to cuddle with him and hang off him. It's so cute :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

He's pretty affectionate. It took some time for him to be that way, and a lot of me reminding him that kids need affection from him just as much as me but he's gotten there. Affection from his father wasn't something he grew up with. His father was at times abusive and his mom never seemed to have much time for him, so how to be an affectionate and attentive parent was something he had to learn.

MamaScho88
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

He will pick up our 18 month old and hug and kiss him a few times a day, mostly when he gets home from work or if he is leaving or if our son is going to bed, but I wouldn't call him affectionate really, he's not that way with the older 2 (they are 7 1/2 and 4), he hugs them and kisses them before bed or if they are leaving but that's it, he does spend quality time, playing games, taking them hiking and playing with them in the pool and watching movies with them though, he is a great dad...I forsee him being the same way with our 18 month old once he reaches a certain age.

BlessedMammaof2
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely. I love seeing DH being affectionate toward our 21 month old DS and vice versa.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KeimUNCmomof3
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, and tickle them, oh they love their daddy.

AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
That's sad :( Affection is so important for children. Thankfully he's more affectionate with your children!!

Quoting Mommy4000:

He's pretty affectionate. It took some time for him to be that way, and a lot of me reminding him that kids need affection from him just as much as me but he's gotten there. Affection from his father wasn't something he grew up with. His father was at times abusive and his mom never seemed to have much time for him, so how to be an affectionate and attentive parent was something he had to learn.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Awe. That's great :)

Quoting KeimUNCmomof3:

Yes, and tickle them, oh they love their daddy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I know, it's sooo sweet :)

Quoting BlessedMammaof2:

Absolutely. I love seeing DH being affectionate toward our 21 month old DS and vice versa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadsW
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Yes. Big time. He's very affectionate. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)