Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EGGSHELLS

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 20 Replies

How would you feel if someone who is close to you tells you they feel like they have to walk on eggshells around you.....Would you be upset? or Sad?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Both, and I would ask them why they felt that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashleigh24
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Probably a little of both. I felt like that with my hubby so that would be a huge reason why we are separated and soon to be divorced. We are better off friends right now honestly.
HeartStrings222
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Both. I would definitely want to know why they felt that way.  I have a family member who most of us feel this way about, and I don't ever want to be like that.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Sad, I'd have to ask what part of my personality made them feel anxiety and examples and then get introspective on my behavior and decide who was overreacting...sometimes it's a mix of oversensitivity on their part and perhaps remarks I make that I don't think about.
jett286
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Both.  Then I'd ask specifically why and take a good look at myself to see why I was so hard to be around.  Sometimes we need to change ourselves because we are the problem...

Jeanette

"Love is a fabric that never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the waters of adversity and grief". -- Anon.
pittymama
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Quoting shadow_lark:

MsRkg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM

More sad than upset. It would make me wonder though what am I doing to push this person away or make them so cautious around me, and do I need to re-evaluate my behavior? Often times we do things and not even realize that we are doing them.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I agree.  I would ask them why they felt they had to do that around me so I could see if it's something I could fix.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
2lilmamas
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Sure would and I would ask why
MomRocs1102
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Cant really be upset that someone feels that way,  just have to have a talk to see why they feel that way.  Maybe sad if you had no intentions on making that person feel that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)