Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How would you feel if someone who is close to you tells you they feel like they have to walk on eggshells around you.....Would you be upset? or Sad?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Quoting HeartStrings222:

Both. I would definitely want to know why they felt that way.  I have a family member who most of us feel this way about, and I don't ever want to be like that.

This.

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I'd probably be disappointed more than anything...disappointed in myself for making somebody feel that way.   Then it would be time to figure out why & if there was anything I could do about it.

sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Both and try and see why they feel that way and try and make things better.

Gmgej
by Michele on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I would be upset and do some serious looking into why I am making others feel like that.

SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I feel that way a lot with my hubby. Its mostly in the mornings because hes not a morning person. A lot of times I keep my mouth shut about my feelings about a certain situation because I know it will cause a huge argument and I hate drama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM

What the person is telling you is that they are afraid to say anything to you cause you will get upset and angry. I was friends with someone i had to walk on eggshells with. I walk away from her. Cause I can not be friends with someone who will not deal with their issues

sunshine1973127
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I would be both. They need to explain this to you though so that you can look at your behavior and correct it. I'm on eggshells with my husband right now due to his extreme depression. It is really hard to live that way. Good luck

chazzamatazz
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

My husband told me this once, during our 2nd year together (before we got married) I had been under a lot of stress and snapping all the time. With his help, we worked on our relationship and I got my temper better under control. He hasn't said it since. *phew*

SassyLaLa85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Sad, depressed.....I would never want someone to feel that way around me.

Dunsy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM

umm..I think I would be a little of both. I would be upset that they feel like they can't come to me because I feel that I'm a very open person to talk to...as long as you talk like you have some sense. I'd also feel hurt for the same reason. If we have a problem...come to me and talk...and I will do my best to make sure we both walk away happy :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN