Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love Dare

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 17 Replies

Has anyone read Love Dare or watched Fireproof? If so, what did you think of it?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM

My husband & I did the 40 day love dare. We both enjoyed it. The Fireproof movies is wonderful

bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM

No, but I know a lot of people who have and benefited from either or both.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I refuse to subscribe to any advice/program that is based off of a movie that stars Kirk Cameron.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I never finished the Love Dare book. Our marriage wasn't in bad straights and I didn't have the drive to complete it. Not sure why I started it in the first place.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

They based the movie off the book. Just fyi.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I refuse to subscribe to any advice/program that is based off of a movie that stars Kirk Cameron.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Either way. *shrugs* I'm not religious at all. I can't handle Kirk Cameron.

Quoting furbabymum:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Ealane2011
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Yes. DH and I were having issues and I was on the verge of leaving. My SIL sat us down and watched Fireproof with us and then she gave her Love Dare cards to DH. I think it's an awesome idea, it helped DH and I for a little while but then he gave up on it. I still have no trust for him, but at least it helped our marriage stay together longer than it would have so we could work things out better.

MrsRi
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM

No... We're not religious and it just seemed to be very focused on religion.  We do our own things to keep our marriage and relationship strong though and those (for us) work amazingly.

Queen_Sheila
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I don't think the book is totally about religion, it's about marriage, but the movie is. I've seen the movie, but I haven't read the book yet, but from what I've heard it's written about marriage from a Christian point of view.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Either way. *shrugs* I'm not religious at all. I can't handle Kirk Cameron.

Quoting furbabymum:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Queen_Sheila
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Yeah, it won't work if only one person is into it, but Kirk's character kept it up even when his wife basically spit in his face. Not saying life is like a movie, but the whole point was to keep doing what's right no matter what.

Quoting Ealane2011:

Yes. DH and I were having issues and I was on the verge of leaving. My SIL sat us down and watched Fireproof with us and then she gave her Love Dare cards to DH. I think it's an awesome idea, it helped DH and I for a little while but then he gave up on it. I still have no trust for him, but at least it helped our marriage stay together longer than it would have so we could work things out better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)