Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

can't have a fb, instagram or twitter etc

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM
  • 42 Replies
So I have a friend who's husband won't let her have these things. She really doesn't have a social life as it is & he just won't allow her to have any type of social network PERIOD.. He doesn't have any social networks as well but how would that make you feel if you were in a situation like this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justone_jen
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Controlled. That's unhealthy.
zoo003
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Controlled.  If it is her choice, or they agreed together not to have them, then that is one thing.  However, if he is not "letting" her have it, then that's where I have a problem. 

Susie19
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM

That's not good!  Both my BF and I decided that we shouldn't have a FB because of the drama that we used to have with MySpace back in the day, but it was a mutual decision, we didn't MAKE each other do it..SMH

2lilmamas
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I would allow it.. Thats cheesy sound very insecure guy to me
Ama2Gunner
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

He won't let her have them? 

I wouldn't be in a situation like this. No one gets to control who I talk to. Not even my husband.

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Very & I lol'd @ your profile pic :)

Quoting justone_jen:

Controlled. That's unhealthy.
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I agree, me & DH don't have one, well he never did but I had one & decided to take it down bc ex's were popping out of know where lol plus I care about my DH more so I just left fb alone

Quoting zoo003:

Controlled.  If it is her choice, or they agreed together not to have them, then that is one thing.  However, if he is not "letting" her have it, then that's where I have a problem. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Sounds controlling? I mean of there is a reason? If he/she feels that's not healthy for their relationship? Or did she attempt to make one and he said "Hell no you cannot"! Those things just like CM is a form of entertainment! It doesn't make or break my relationship! I can't fathom the big deal behind it?! To each their own!
BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Same here as well but DH never had any social network before but really really old ones like blackplanet I think lol!

Quoting Susie19:

That's not good!  Both my BF and I decided that we shouldn't have a FB because of the drama that we used to have with MySpace back in the day, but it was a mutual decision, we didn't MAKE each other do it..SMH

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Damn right!

Quoting Ama2Gunner:

He won't let her have them? 

I wouldn't be in a situation like this. No one gets to control who I talk to. Not even my husband.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN