Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your SO's job worry you?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM
  • 104 Replies
My DH is a correctional officer at a maximum security prison in Illinois. They are closing prisons left and right and over populating the ones that are open right now. They just closed the super max prison in Illinois and the majority of the inmates there went to my husbands cell house. I have always worried about him at work whether it be diseases, injury, etc but now I'm so worked up to the point that I had night mares all night of him getting attacked and killed at work!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM
5 moms liked this
Not unless computer viruses start jumping to people.
He makes the software for tax companies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulesFairy
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:43 AM
I was going to ask what you meant. Like worry for job security or worry about being safe on the job. But I will answer both. My husband is military. As far as job security we are set for another few years then we will see. As far as safety, if I ever sat down and worried about it I might get like you and never be able to stop. So for now, I trust him and his training and remind myself to live every day like its our last. And remembering that people die in mundane ways every day helps me to not focus so much on his job being dangerous.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SoKamele
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband is an IronWorker in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas.

Am I worried about his safety? Absolutely...he's way up there in the sky...connecting iron.

As for job security??? Always.....you never know what could happen.

catherine_b
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I do worry about his safety. He is a mechanics and there is way too much work to be done everyday for the employees to keep up, so they are always pushing their limits.

He has hurt himself in the past from working while overly-tired or trying to do things too fast.
swthrt737
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM
God takes care of us day and night,i stopped worrying abt my dh work btw he's a music teacher i.e vocals,instruments,theories etc.
momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Not really, he works for the railroad and is gone a lot but I don't worry about him too much. Whenever he's around though I love it.

Michelle
Mom to 4 boys and 3 girls with #8 on the way
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and EDD 7-29-13

JohnsonMM
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Yes! But mostly in Winter We live about 30 miles away from there. There are times we will get a storm (snow/ice/ etc.) And the state will close the highway. Its the only road and has lots of hills and turns. They still make him drive to work saying he will get a point for not comming in. (They have a point system at work ) after x amount of points you are fired. This is not right at all.
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I only worry because he's a temporary employee and is having a hard time finding a permanent position.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommmy3x
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Mine is an IronWorker too! We live in Ga but he travels all over.

Quoting SoKamele:

Am I worried about his safety? Absolutely...he's way up there in the sky...connecting iron.

SoKamele
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Is he with a Local??? Mine travels..but prefers not..He usually turns down those jobs (even if it has more money attached). He went to NY for 6 months but came home every weekend. Thankfully that doesn't happen often.

Quoting mommmy3x:

Mine is an IronWorker too! We live in Ga but he travels all over.

Quoting SoKamele:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)