Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Ladies how did you know?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM
  • 76 Replies

My question is how did you know your husband, SO etc. was the right one. I am in a 3 year relationship with a guy that I don't actually feel is the "right one". So how did you know when you met the right one. I asked several other people who did not completely answer the question because I am still searching for the right answer. I want details please I am tried of hearing about a unexplained feeling please try your best to explain. My SO proposed to me a day before Christmas and I said no because I have not felt an unexplained feeling of love. He is a very decent guy. I do not want to miss out because I am looking for some signs that are imaginary. I trust you ladies to help me out on this.

Thanks!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmericanChild82
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM

It's hard to explain. With my dh he said that he knew when we were teenagers that I was the one for him. We lost contact for 16 years and I knew the minute I saw him that he was it for me. It's more of a feeling from personal point of view.

som610
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I can't help you. It is unexplainable. He was/is my complete opposite and someone that no one saw me ever even giving the time a day. I knew within 2 weeks and started planning my wedding within a month. (He didn't propose until 5 months later and we got married 5 months after that)

I actually just told a friend that I believe if you don't know shortly into the relationship it is not meant to be.

Nynnie
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Um Idk. He treats me exactly how I need to be treated. We complete eachother. I don't want anyone else because I have him. Before him, I always wanted more, he satisfies me. I guess I just know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nford2012
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
You will Know when it's the right one because you will love them with all your heart and soul and its a feeling of love and security that only that person gives you. You will be able to trust that person with every part of your life and there will be no question. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Sorry i agree deep down i knew he ws the one a gut reaction you may say
MrsLuciano02
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I didnt know at first but the more I got to know him and when I saw him in person for the first time (we met online) I knew he was the one....it will be two years on monday and our wedding anv is a month after that
november117
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Honestly, it was like a spark or lightening bolt. I just felt this instant connection to him. Ours eyes met and that was it. I knew it was going to be something special. :)

I think you answered your own question hun. You know he isn't the one. Just trust your gut.
stacefaceninja
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Every person I've been in a relationship with has tried to change a lot of things about me.
I also felt like I was missing out ....like I could actually picture who I would try to be with next...
With my DH...I don't think it gets any better...and I don't need anyone else. That's how I knew.
Oh...and his cock is ginormous!! That helped;)
rbdanes
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I actually agree quite a bit with this.

Quoting som610:

I actually just told a friend that I believe if you don't know shortly into the relationship it is not meant to be.

rbdanes
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM

DH and I met online. We spoke a lot on the phone/texts/and had over 130+ hours of skype time logged. I knew  that I would meet him in person soon. 4 months after we met online we met in person and he was exactly the man in person that he was throughout the whole beginning of our friendship. I knew as soon as we were hugging at the airport that he was exactly who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. 6 months later we were married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN