Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My question is how did you know your husband, SO etc. was the right one. I am in a 3 year relationship with a guy that I don't actually feel is the "right one". So how did you know when you met the right one. I asked several other people who did not completely answer the question because I am still searching for the right answer. I want details please I am tried of hearing about a unexplained feeling please try your best to explain. My SO proposed to me a day before Christmas and I said no because I have not felt an unexplained feeling of love. He is a very decent guy. I do not want to miss out because I am looking for some signs that are imaginary. I trust you ladies to help me out on this.

Thanks!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Replies (71-76):
KRYSTALK1013
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I knew he was the one when when I thought about my future, he was in it, and when I tried to picture it without him, I couldn't.

I knew inwanted to get married, but only if he was my husband. I knew I wanted children, but only if he was their father. I knew I wanted a home, but only if he lived there with me. 

I literally couldn't imagine my life without him. That's how I knew he was the one.

sophiex
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM

It was a gut feeling that he was the right one for me. It just felt right. He's not perfect by any means and he frustrates me some times but I wouldn't want to be with anyone else. I felt very secure being with him since the first date. There wasn't a day since then that we didn't talk to each other. When we met we didn't want the date to end and we felt like we knew each other for a long time. It felt very natural being together.

I don't know if all this makes sense to you. Best of luck :)

dearg76
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I hate to say this but if you don't feel that he/she isn't the right person for you then most likely they are not. Marriage or just a life together is hard enough why bring more to the table in the way of doubts if you have the right person. 

I knew my husband was the right person for me when I couldn't see my future without him, I couldn't imagine myself with anyone else and still can't. He is it for me. 

Good luck!

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I just knew

AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I just... knew.

heavenlybliss19
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:28 AM

You know or you don't.  It's not any one thing.  It's that inseparable feeling, that "this is it".  If you don't feel it, you don't feel it.  For me, I knew because there was this unspoken need to be with each other.  I moved in with him from day one, not on purpose.  We spent every waking moment together, and always wound up with me staying over (nothing dirty), and it was never talked about until I said "When do you want to take me home?"  and every night he answered "Not yet.. unless you want to." (Which made me happy!)  

Everything about us just CLICKED.  We wanted the same things in life, we had fun together, we even liked the same things.  Even without that though, on some spiritual level we just knew we were meant to be one.  If you don't believe in that, it's okay.  You don't have to.  But I don't think you should stay in a relationship unless you have something that says "This is what I want for my life."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN