Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My question is how did you know your husband, SO etc. was the right one. I am in a 3 year relationship with a guy that I don't actually feel is the "right one". So how did you know when you met the right one. I asked several other people who did not completely answer the question because I am still searching for the right answer. I want details please I am tried of hearing about a unexplained feeling please try your best to explain. My SO proposed to me a day before Christmas and I said no because I have not felt an unexplained feeling of love. He is a very decent guy. I do not want to miss out because I am looking for some signs that are imaginary. I trust you ladies to help me out on this.

Thanks!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
SassyLaLa85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:59 AM

The minute he sang to me while dancing with me...he had me....

Also he was the only man that actually pursued me, I didn't have to pursue or work to get him. He would call me everyday and come see me everyday. Even when he "caught" me he never stopped and that made me want to do whatever I could for him and still does.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM

He's my best friend.  That's how I knew.  I knew there would be hard times.  I knew that at some point we would not like each other.  I knew that it was going to take work.  But he was (still is) my best friend.  I love him.  I'm in love with him.  And being with him, feels like home to me.

Soon2bmrsp0226
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I personally think love is a choice. Granted, you can not force yourself to love someone, however, if you have loved them before then you choose to continue to love them. It gets really tough especially when arguments occur and you feel like you can't stand the person, let alone love them. But, if you know that you have a good guy, focus on all the good that he represents and ask yourself whats in him that you wont be able to find in anyone else. Its about being happy as well. If he doesnt make you happy, then you shouldnt be together. Maybe try learning more about eachother, going on dates, having passionate sex ;) getting in a minotinous routine gets exhausting! you have to continue to find new things about each other that builds your love. everyone has flaws but what matters is if you can look past your differences and love each other despite flaws.

beeky
by Alexandra on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I just knew!  I know that's not what you want to hear but it is the only answer. 

Listen to your gut.  If it doesn't feel right then it's not right.  When you find the right man, you will know.

Love060708kids
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I just knew.  He was my best friend in high school, we spent so much time together and he was leaving for the Army and just told me he liked me.  We started dating within the week and then we were married 2 1/2 months later.  

Here we are, four kids later and we hit 10 years of marriage in July :)

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM

When he first held my hand and I felt like my heart had come home. We've been together for 23 years and married for 17. Good luck to you!

AleaKat
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I knew cause I could clearly picture us sitting together in old age watching our grandchildren play .
I'd never been able to see that before.
I knew that he would always have my back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM

He listens to me.  I was very stressed one day because I got fired from my job.  He calmed me down.  We have some things in common but not everything.  He loves me for me.  I have a physical disorder.  He is my best friend.

rmfanfgljf
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM
We dated when we were teenagers, I was 15 when we first met and started dating. I let him go, and two years later he was the one I couldn't forget, and he was the one that I wanted. It is a feeling that no one can describe perfectly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chaoz_Girl7311
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I knew he was the right one because of the way he is with his DD, the way he respected me Andy wishes, how he supported me thought my last few months of schooling and how he knew I wanted children and I wasn't just looking for someone to fall in love with. He understood I wanted marriage kids and a home to call our own, and he has given me all of that!!! I knew I wanted a man who can support his family and love them unconditionally! We've been together for 2 years been married for 1 and I couldn't have asked god himself for a better person to father our children and an amazing husband and father!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)