Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My question is how did you know your husband, SO etc. was the right one. I am in a 3 year relationship with a guy that I don't actually feel is the "right one". So how did you know when you met the right one. I asked several other people who did not completely answer the question because I am still searching for the right answer. I want details please I am tried of hearing about a unexplained feeling please try your best to explain. My SO proposed to me a day before Christmas and I said no because I have not felt an unexplained feeling of love. He is a very decent guy. I do not want to miss out because I am looking for some signs that are imaginary. I trust you ladies to help me out on this.

Thanks!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Replies (51-60):
MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I just knew.  It's hard to explain.  I could say, oh yeah, he's a great guy, he takes care of me, I love him more than anything.  Well of course, but I've had plenty of decent boyfriends that I've loved and cared for but they just weren't "the one."

With him I just knew it from day one.  All signs were pointing to him.  It was a completely new and unexplainable feeling.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hopeful_2_be
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Honestly, I knew my husband was the one for me when he would do things for me without me asking him to. He was/ is kind generous, and he makes me laugh. We lived together before we got married too so we got very comfortable with eachother pretty quick! See, all of this means the world to me because the bf I had before I got with my hubby, was very controlling, bitter, and abusive in more than 1 way. Everything about us just felt right! His parents are unbelievably amazing!!!
I think when you meet the right guy, you just know!
GL to you and I hope this helped!! PM me anytime if u want. :)
rayroe2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:09 AM

It is a explained feeling and you will know. Its the normal on this person is interesting. It more of a soul connection you feel like this person is your best friend, lover, man, you see sparks, feel sweating, feel "safe", just can see a future with this person. This is how it was for me and when we got to know each other we wanted the same things out of life and knew marriage wasn't easy but wanted to get through it together.

newstepmom61811
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:15 AM
We were spending a summer weekend day at the pool, just hanging out. It dawned on me I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could be content just hanging out doing almost nothing as long as I was with him. True companionship was what I felt. It was what my friend Leah described the right guy is the one you can "have fun in a ditch with", you're such good company you don't need something else to entertain you, you entertain each other.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Proud-mama-05
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Because he was/is my best friend and I couldn't imagine a single day of my life without him in it.
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Hard to explain..I just knew. It was a feeling, still is. (Not married yet).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jacandjay
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Well we met in may and got engaged of july and married in aug of the same yr.... we have now been married going on 2 yrs :) i just knew... and i have been married before...
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Also little things like tonight. We had the best time. Ha..even though we were working on his truck which I know nothing about, and it was 35 degrees we still laughed and had fun. Were best friends:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carinsmommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I have been with my DH since highschool. He used to do things like walk me home from the bus etc. Then we had our first daughter. We were very young, and he insisted that he wanted to get married. I refused as this is what my parents had done (get married because they got preggo). I didn't want a bad marriage like my parents. He stuck with me, and while he was hurt he understood. When he asked again right before my DD turned one I finally agreed. All the things he did in that time from helping A LOT with the baby, to supporting me finishing school, working his butt off, taking care of me, etc. All these small things added up. At this point we had been together for 5 years. I couldn't say no. I loved him dearly and knew there wouldn't be anyone better for me or my child. Now we have been together for ten years, married for 5 of those years and we couldn't be happier. We are even now expecting or 3rd and probably last child.
It was by no means allways easy or perfect. But in the long run I knew it was the right choice.

mommieofII
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I know because I couldnt imagine myself with any other guy and I couldnt imagine nor want to think about my life with out him....He has family in chicage and Buffalo we are in Columbus Oh and there has been a few times he would go visit for 3-4 days and I wasnt able to go cause work and I missed him so much even though I knew it was only 3 days....With this kind of thing you should just know....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)