Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Stupidest argument ever!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
  • 25 Replies

6 ÷ 2 (2 + 1)

DH saw this equation on FB and brought it to me.  As usual one of us got 1 and the other got 9 (no, I'm not telling you who got which answer) and we actually started arguing about it.  Even after I found evidence that both answers are valid and that the problem is actually with how the equation is written DH decided that the REAL problem is that "smart people" (he includes me in this group) changed the rules of mathematics because "they" like to confuse "other people" (not dumb people) so they feel superior.

confused What?!

He was just so convinced he was right that automatically expected me to agree with him.  when I didn't agree, instead of exploring the possibility that I might be right, or accept that both answers might be valid, he goes on a tirade.  Once I realized we weren't getting anywhere good I cut him off to deal with the kids, who were dragging their heels getting ready for school.

What kind of stupid arguments do you get into with your DH/SO?

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nsparky1964
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Order of operations..OR the anagram pemdas (parentheses, exponents, multiplication, addition, subtraction ) (2+¹)=3, 3X2=6, 6÷6=1......basic elementary math..
Hope it help! *have taught college level algebra for years*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Honestly, we get into stupid arguments almost everyday. But by the end of the night we laugh about it. I swear, my husband and I are total opposites!
lizzybee44
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Last night it was about me protecting our relationship basically by caling him babe in front of another woman. he got mad that i did that. shouldnt he be happy im letting them know hes taken?
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM

If you were in a good relationship you shouldn't feel the need to protect it by calling him "babe" in front of other women. Just saying.

Quoting lizzybee44:

Last night it was about me protecting our relationship basically by caling him babe in front of another woman. he got mad that i did that. shouldnt he be happy im letting them know hes taken?

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:23 AM

We had to get an argument about how to fix the chicken run fence mediated by our marriage counselor. lol

lizzybee44
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Oh
Eyez79
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Last night our argument was about me not answering my cell phone the three times he was calling me! I said why the hell r u calling me when your in the living room and I'm right below you in the basement with the kids! Any other time you just Hollar my name an I come up damn really?!. So earlier yesterday we had a good day took the kids out to chuckle cheese and when we came home I took us all into our fun basement to relax and wind down and give him peace to get on his fagbook so he totally was rude and butchy because I didn't answer his stupid call and it was more than likely nothing anyway. So I slept with the babies last night he was in his own. I shouldn't have to keep my phone on me at all times when the person who calls me is at home with me and if a business calls call me after five that's a problem. Just petty an I had to vent
DakotaHaley
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I got 1 and can't see how there could be another answer, but then again I hate math and I am not very good at it.

We get into stupid arguments to. The one the jumps to my mind the most is our dog.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Oh DH and I get into stupid arguments all the time.  By the end of it we both laugh and ask each other why we're even arguing about it.  We've even gotten into arguments where we both agree on the same thing and have no clue why we are even arguing about agreeing on the same thing.

As per that math problem - I too believe that the differing answers is due to how the problem is written out and presented. 

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Quoting DakotaHaley:

I got 1 and can't see how there could be another answer, but then again I hate math and I am not very good at it.

We get into stupid arguments to. The one the jumps to my mind the most is our dog.

6 / 2 (1+2) = 3 (1 +2) = 3 (3) = 9

6 / 2 (1+2) = 6 / 2 (3) = 6 / 6 = 1

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)