Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In law abuse.. Edit!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 36 Replies

How would you deal with in laws that hate you, emotionally and verbally abuse you? 

I tried again to talk to my dh again last night. He flopped again on what he thinks or feels. Last night he believed my feelings on this subject last night. He knows it will never stop, his aunt emailed me out of the blue saying that she would like to see the babies but she understood because of his mothers mouth. That its her loss because she will never know our children. This past 3 years has been hell. Other then not talking to his family. How would you go about healing all the damage done to you confidence.

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I would cut all ties with them. If they still harass you then get restraining orders against them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Quoting AlannaMaria:

I would cut all ties with them. If they still harass you then get restraining orders against them.

littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM

My husband won't let that happen, he has to have his family.. 

edelweiss23
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I started giving them a dose of their own medicine.

My now ex mil asked me one time why I called her an idiot. I looked at her straight in the eye and told her that when she stopped calling me names and treating me like shit, I would do the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't deal with them. I don't deal with anyone that doesn't respect me. It doesn't matter if they're "family" or not.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Then YOU cut ties with them and let him visit his parents alone. You don't need to take that kind of abuse and honestly, he should be defending you and standing up for you.

Give them a good dose of their own medicine and call them out when they say something to you though. 

Quoting littlemrsd:

alf2651
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I wouldn't have anything to do with them. 

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

AtillaTheHun
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I wouldn't deal with them at all. I´d have nothing to do with such people, in-laws or not. 

littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I have. It only makes matters worse. He threaten divorce to make a point. I won't go around them. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Then YOU cut ties with them and let him visit his parents alone. You don't need to take that kind of abuse and honestly, he should be defending you and standing up for you.

Give them a good dose of their own medicine and call them out when they say something to you though. 

Quoting littlemrsd:

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

He threatened divorce?!

Oh no!  He is your husband and should be standing by you and defending you.  I'm sorry, but HE is the one that needs to put his foot down and open his eyes to the abuse towards his wife and do something.  If he can't do that and bows down to them, then I would seriously re-think this relationship because it may never get better.

Quoting littlemrsd:

I have. It only makes matters worse. He threaten divorce to make a point. I won't go around them. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting littlemrsd:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)