Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

marriage in trouble.. now what? *piog

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:50 PM
  • 14 Replies
My job is very demanding. I work 3-4 12 hour shifts a week and go to school fulltime(my job is paying). But here's the situation... Dh wants to be the primary provider and wants me to lower my hours at work and just focus on school. My job will not allow me to lower my hours because there are no part time positions open. Dh is getting upset because he can only work part time because he has to work around my schedule and my days are not predictable. And one of us has to be home because of the kids and no daycare or family. Its causing him to be in a pissy mood because he feels i am putting my jobs needs before his own.

Idk what to do here. He wants me to go back to working a job less than 12 hours a night or just find something part time so he can pick up more hours. He's job is not a career job though and mines is granted its going to take me 3.5 yrs to get to my career stance but my job is giving me that aspect. What can/would/should i do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SoKamele
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Who makes the money?

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I'd tell him to shove it up his ass. 

Seriously, you work, go to school, and support everyone. He doesn't get to dictate to you what you do. If it's THAT inconvenient, you two need to find daycare options for your children and go from there. It's unfair for him to ask you to lower your hours at work just so he can feel like a "man".

EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say find a good daycare so he can get a full-time job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:55 PM
We both do. But i pay rent only and he buys the groceries, the electric and cable bill. Plus gas...

Quoting SoKamele:

Who makes the money?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
Cant afford it.

Quoting EsmeVincent:

I would say find a good daycare so he can get a full-time job

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nynnie
If ur job is paying for ur school, then how could u stop working and focus more on school. If ur making more money than he would, he really needs to get over his complex and let u do what's best for ya'll
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Daycare is unaffordable.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

I'd tell him to shove it up his ass. 

Seriously, you work, go to school, and support everyone. He doesn't get to dictate to you what you do. If it's THAT inconvenient, you two need to find daycare options for your children and go from there. It's unfair for him to ask you to lower your hours at work just so he can feel like a "man".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:57 PM

you'll probably lose your school money if you stop working full time, right? If he worked full time, would he make as much as you, and enough for you to continue school? bring these things up to him.

IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a difficult position you are being put in. I completely see your side and his. I work fulltime and so does my dh. His is the longer days and going in on days off etc. I basically raise our dd6 as a single mom as far as him helping tend to her needs and school. I wish I could give more advice. All I would do in your case is look for pt work when it comes available if that would make you happy as well as him. If the positions aren't there what does he want you to do? I'm sorry I wasn't more help. Good luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Well the thing is.. he knows I dont want to work my job and that im only going for them to pay for school. I could stop working because financial aid can pay for my schooling and I wouldnt have to sign a two yr contract with my job afterwards.

Quoting Nynnie:

If ur job is paying for ur school, then how could u stop working and focus more on school. If ur making more money than he would, he really needs to get over his complex and let u do what's best for ya'll

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN