Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Clothes for Kids

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:14 PM
  • 41 Replies

Where do you like to shop for your kids' clothes?

Join me in these great groups:
February 2009 Preschoolers (Owner), First Time Moms (Owner),
Love & Marriage (Mod)

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.myboys
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:16 PM
For Austin the best place is Walmart because their sizes fit best. BUT I love Target too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM

My kids are all adults

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Most of the time? Burlington. Cute clothes and they have layaway which is a major plus for having 6 kids.

Ama2Gunner
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:20 PM

This depends on what is needed. For chonies/socks/undershirts/shirts - I buy new. For pants - I hit up the local thrift stores. My boys are growing so fast right now, it's hard to keep pants that fit them. I'm not paying full price for something that isn't going to fit in a month.

And all outer clothing that my children grow out of gets donated to an army mom friend of mine. She takes what she can use, and passes the rest on to those in need.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM

We usually just go to Walmart. Every few months or so, we receive several bags full of donated clothes, so between that and her 4 grandparents, we usually only buy her a few items a year, and it's just easier to go to Walmart for it.

SoKamele
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a little boy..........so I seldom buy anything new except undies and socks.

Yard sales...thrift stores....I volunteer too...so I always get first pick of clothing.

pmsforlife
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Burlington, target, CHILDREN'S PLACE! I love those places
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beachbeauty
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the kid. 

My 16yo daughter--Kohls, Delia's, Aeropostale

My 15yo son is tall and really skinny so I have to buy his jeans at Gap, they're the only ones that will fit him.  His tees I get at Snorgtees, he loves clever t-shirts.

My 13yo son gets them from all over, just wherever he happens to see something that catches his eye.  Right now his jeans are Abercrombie, his t-shirts are snorgtees, Walmart, Kohls.

My 11yo son is very small for his age so he and my 8yo son still get most of their clothes from Crazy 8.  And character t-shirts from Kohls and Walmart.

Daisyducc
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I buy most of her stuff new with tags or gently used on eBay.  I also stock up at Carter's if they are having a good sale.  

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Consignment, target, and k mart.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN