Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Hello!! 

My husband has been driving me crazy lately with his selfish crap. I totally understand that he works all day long and has meetings to go to and people to talk to, but when he comes home it's like our child and I are non existent. Our baby is 2months and 2 weeks old and we have not really had time for ourselves, which he consistently throws in my face, but that doesn't mean he should treat us like we are not even there...right? Am I over reacting? Should I just let him be?

I mean he comes home and watches tv, plays on his phone, the computer, the PlayStation(he's going to be 30)... an example of what he does: I get the baby to sleep finally and baby wakes up a little later, he has a freaking fit that I ask him to go check on baby Enzo! Another example: I will take a quick shower, Enzo will be crying but hhusband  won't stop playing his PlayStation game to comfort baby, unless Im yelling at him to do it! Annoying!

Am I being crazy?????

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Replies (11-15):
kaitybird
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM

It is time to sit him down and lay it on the line for him.  Regardless of WHO stays at home doesn't make them any less involved in the relationship.  Your husband needs to learn to put a limit on the games, cell phone and computer.  You and the baby need to come first.  You are married and you are a unit that means he needs to be part of the family and the solution not the problem.  

Depending on what his hours are and his days off are I am sure that he could come home in the evenings and help you with things and the baby which is his right?  I don't get why men can help with what they have created!

Good luck to you.

hungluvphuong
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I think I understand how you feel since my husband would be the same when we are fighting over stupid things. He would ignore our son and me like we not even exist, so you are not being crazy . I just don't know how to get him to grow up to be a man, not acting like a child.

toybar02
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM
no you are not being crazy, i hate when you have to force someone to take care of their responsibilities uggh you need to give him an ultimatum, he really needs to get it together
CotterpinDoozer
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Nope you're not being crazy. That is something I have no tolerance for, just because you leave the house to work doesn't mean you get to be a useless lump once you get home. If he is so desperate for some quality time with you, he needs to get it in gear and help out. He needs to spend time with the baby, and he's being childish. I'm sorry he's being like this.

CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:17 AM

No, your not being crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)