Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever lost that spark?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 57 Replies

What would you all do if you lost your spark, passion, and that "in love" feeling! Any ideas or advice!

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Well sometimes I just don't like him or have nothing to say to him. Had some uncomfortable date nights in which we just sat there starting at each other. So we read news from various places and pursue seperate interests so when we are together there is still something to connect over.

Snapdragon88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
We have before but just talking about it fixed it almost immediately. It's amazing what communication can do! Talking things through and being honest and open can heal almost anything. It makes you feel like a team and that you can make it through anything. We didn't have any serious problems though... just the usual lack of time together and crappy communication skills, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
We had a time when we got in a rut and lost the love.
We were desperate to recapture it so we got friends to stay at the house and way h the kids and we took a weekend away and stayed at a local romantic inn. We also watched FireProof- it opened our eyes a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:28 AM

We have watched it many times.  I have the 40 day love dare and the year long love dare. I can't get my husband to do eithier of them. 

Quoting AleaKat:

We were desperate to recapture it so we got friends to stay at the house and way h the kids and we took a weekend away and stayed at a local romantic inn. We also watched FireProof- it opened our eyes a lot.

beeky
by Alexandra on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Nope.  My ADHD makes me impulsive and unpredictable.  Sometimes that's a bad thing but when it comes to our sex life, it's definitely a good thing.  I will cock tease him all day long and when we go to bed, he practically tears my clothes off.

AleaKat
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM
My hubby was the one who got the movie for us to begin with.
He has the love fare book in his so k drawer, he doesn't know that I know it's there. Lol

Quoting littlemrsd:

We have watched it many times.  I have the 40 day love dare and the year long love dare. I can't get my husband to do eithier of them. 

Quoting AleaKat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:46 AM

We have alot of tension between us.

Quoting AleaKat:

littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:49 AM

It's so much more then just sex! 

Quoting beeky:

Nope.  My ADHD makes me impulsive and unpredictable.  Sometimes that's a bad thing but when it comes to our sex life, it's definitely a good thing.  I will cock tease him all day long and when we go to bed, he practically tears my clothes off.

AJB163
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Yeah, we've lost our spark before. Like right now for instance, I'm pregnant... My spark doesn't feel so sparkly...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gypsy30
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I think losing the spark is a pretty common thing, especially if you've been married for a long time.  Spending time, just the two of us, like going out for 'dates' helps us keep it going.  Going out for dinner and drinks, just the two of us, or to dinner and a movie.  What helped recently is watching a bunch of old home movies, in our earlier days.  We didn't do it to try to get any sparks going, but it did it anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)