Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats the most romantic thing your hubby/so has done for you?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:08 AM
  • 33 Replies
2 moms liked this
The most romantic thing my husband did for me was give me a day of beauty, he pampered me the whole day, he gave me a bath, facial, manicure, pedicure, cooked, took care of the kids, made love to me and gave me a massage until i fell asleep, woke up in his arms, it was special because no guy i have ever dated did anything like that for me ever, i love my husband so much
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Armywifeholcomb
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
My DH isn't the traditional romantic. Lol first time he told me he Loved me was via text. Mind you, he was getting on a plane for Afghanistan and we really had only been on a few dates but talked Every day for a couple months. He knew it wasn't the best way, but as we were going to be out of touch for god knew how long (possibly last time) he wanted me to know. I cried.
But really not huge acts, like yours. Just the other day after putting our son to bed I realized he had changed EVERY diaper that day, and next morning he actually woke up first (amazing really in itself) and locked the bedroom door so lil man wouldn't wake me.
Or just bringing me home a mocha without being asked. Lol when the latest Batman came out, He decided he was going to buy it and watch it. Then found the original '67 and bought it to complete MY collection. Yes huge Batman fan I'm a nerd... So really he's just romantic without thinking or planning
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Emily on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

When dh atually remembers something I like is about as romantic as he gets. 

angeleyes16
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't think of ONE thing. When I worked 3rd he was home before I got up. He'd always make me a fresh cup of coffee and bring it to me in bed. Sometimes he would rub my neck, because it hurts a lot. He does little things for me all of the time that is just simple and sweet. 

JadsW
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
One year, on my birthday, he loaded me up in the car, didn't tell me where we were going, & after we dropped our son off at his parents' with an overnight bag, he drove me to a neighboring state, to the mountains. I had missed Hawaiian food since we left Hawaii & he took me to one of THREE restaurants on the entire mainland that was a chain of one we'd gone to in Honolulu. I had my favorites: Lau Lau & Lilikoi juice. It was heaven. :) We did some sightseeing, toured a cave, & went back to our hotel for a nap. When I woke up, a brand new, red Washburn guitar was sitting at the edge of the bed for me. :O :D Best. Birthday. Ever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
One of the most romantic things he's ever done for me was before we were married. The day I left for college dh was out of town with family so I didn't get to say goodbye. I wanted to see him the following weekend but he had something to do Saturday morning and it just wasn't going to happen. He called me Saturday but we kept getting disconnected and I was getting so frustrated. Finally I heard a knock on my door and there he was (he kept hanging up on me because he was asking for directions to my dorm lol). He had gotten money together for a train ticket to surprise me and he came knowing that he would have to leave first thing sunday morning.
LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:35 AM
4 moms liked this
Switched out the toilet paper roll with a new one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Steph
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM
4 moms liked this

He tends to do things for me rather than the whole hearts and flowers thing, so the most romantic thing he's done recently was in November when I had a partial hysterectomy. On his way back from picking up my prescription, he brought me a peppermint twist milkshake from Arby's. :)

furbabymum
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM

He turns the space heater on every single morning when he gets up so the room is warm when I have to get up. Now that's romance baby!

littlemrsd
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Does the dishes every night so I an rest, even after he has worked all day.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

It has been little things over the years! And we've been married 16yrs. its not over yet! So,so far its been rose petals on the bed/tub a few times,watching a movie with me that I know he doesn't really like! Getting me Starbucks! Stepping up and taking control of my dad's funeral&death arrangements while me,my mom&sis mourn even though he was hurt too! Its been quite a few things that I have deemed romantic or a good gesture!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)