Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you meet your husband or significant other?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 176 Replies
1 mom liked this

How did you meet your husband or significant other? How long have you been together?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bpryce
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM
We worked at the same company. Been married 2 1/2yrs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM
We were in the same unit in the Army. Our 4th anniversary is next month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoKamele
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I met him tru his mother...31 years ago. My mom and his mom became best friends.

We've been married for 15 years.

frzmamaof4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM
We met through mutual friends when I was 14, he was 18 at a party. I'm now 26, he's 30 and we've been together ever since and have been married for 3 years next month and have 4 wonderful children!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ibelieveinpink
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM
We met 15 years ago in middle school. We've been together for 9 years and married for 5.
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

We have been together for about 3 years and 1 month. We knew each other in high school. He was REALLY wild, and I was not. We weren't in the same "group" lol. I mean one of my fondest memories from high school of him was on Halloween driving to town and a truck comes flying up next to us and there's a huge white butt plastered in the window LOL. Yeah, that was him.

Anyways fast forward about 8 years later, we reconnected on Myspace of all things. He was 1 month into a 9 month deployment in Iraq. (This was his third). We started talking that way, which progressed to talking on Yahoo Messenger, me sending him packages and letters and cards. We talked on the phone every day and chatted all day everyday unless he was on a mission. I set my alarm for midnight to make sure I was awake to talk to him on the phone before he went to work. Then he called me as I dropped my son off to daycare on my way to work pretty much every morning. We've had a lot of ups and downs but we have a good relationship..our relationship was long distance for the first two years but now he's out of the Military and here. :)

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
AleaKat
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Lol at a popular dance club on summer vacation when I was 15 (almost 16). We exchanged numbers and had a long distance relationship for Over 2 years before we got married when I was 18.
Been living happily ever after for 7 years now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sydjademom24
by Rachel J on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I was adopted at 7 months old. When I turned 18...well almost 18, I was about 2-3 months away from 18, my adopted parents hired a private investigator to find my birth mom. He found her, and I went from TX to NY (buffalo area) to meet her. While I was there I met her next door neighbor and their sons. I had to go back to TX to finish high school. I went back to get my diploma and celebrate my birthday...after my birthday and finishing school I went back...in the end of June I believe....in July the next door neighbors had a graduation party for their youngest son who had also just graduated...and that's where I started talking to the middle son. It was love at first sight/first night talking to each other. We were inseperable from that point on. 3 months later we got married. We've been married for 9 years now. =)

mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM

At the gym  4 years ago we have been together 2 years

JadsW
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:09 AM
We were teenagers. He was dating a girl from my town & I was dating a guy from his town. I met him when a mutual friend of ours came to pick me up & he & his girlfriend were in the backseat. We did NOT like each other at all. LOL

ETA: That was almost 18 years ago. We'll have been together 17 years in March & we've been married 13. :D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)