Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone have the implanon implant?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 5 Replies

I've had mine about 2 months. Since it was implanted, i have been very moody, and my period lasted 2 weeks, and ive spotted for a week since then. This is very frustrating! I got the implant after i gave birth to my daughter, because me and my husband agree it will be a long time before we want more kids, if we ever do agian. (We have 3, a 3yr, 2yr, and 3month) But this constant bleeding is driving us crazy! We thought we'd finally be able to have sex without as much worry, but now we have to worry about mess, and im rarely in the mood since ive gotten the implant too. Anyone else have these symptoms? Did they ever go away, if so how long did it take?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JacksonsMomm08
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Ive had the implant 2 different times, first time after my oldest was born, and then now after my youngest was born(3 years ago). Im supposed to get mine taken out in march since the 3 years is almost up. The first time i got the implant it was great, i had regular periods or i wouldnt get one, i had no side effects or any extra mood swings. THIS time its terrible, ive had my hair fall out and thin for the past year and sometimes ill get my period for 3 weeks. Now that the hormone is wearing down since its time to get it removed soon i feel like i mid as well be pregnant. Everytime you get the implant it effects you differently is what my doctor told me. I cant wait to get it removed, but i will probably get another one right away because im terrible with taking pills and I dont want to get the IUD because i already have enough issues in there with cysts on my ovaries and all that. Also the IUD scares me because my girlfriend was having sex and hers FELL out.

JacksonsMomm08
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I think youre probably still bleeding alot since you literally just gave birth :0 And because you just got it implanted. I think the side effects will go away with time and youll be wanting to have sex alot more when there isnt such a "mess" Lol.  The mood swings will get better though. Id give it atleast another 6 months and if things dont improve then talk to your doctor.

my4loves4
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Quoting JacksonsMomm08:

Ive had the implant 2 different times, first time after my oldest was born, and then now after my youngest was born(3 years ago). Im supposed to get mine taken out in march since the 3 years is almost up. The first time i got the implant it was great, i had regular periods or i wouldnt get one, i had no side effects or any extra mood swings. THIS time its terrible, ive had my hair fall out and thin for the past year and sometimes ill get my period for 3 weeks. Now that the hormone is wearing down since its time to get it removed soon i feel like i mid as well be pregnant. Everytime you get the implant it effects you differently is what my doctor told me. I cant wait to get it removed, but i will probably get another one right away because im terrible with taking pills and I dont want to get the IUD because i already have enough issues in there with cysts on my ovaries and all that. Also the IUD scares me because my girlfriend was having sex and hers FELL out.

Thats the same reasons i choose this instead of pills or iud, i just really hope it gets better and dosent stay like this the full 3 years! Not only will i go crazy but i think my kids and husband will too! lol. these mood swings are crazy its like pmsing 24/7!

JacksonsMomm08
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I know i always think im pregnant. I cant tell you how much money ive spent wasted on pregnancy tests. Lol

OliviaW.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I've had mine for a little over 2 years. Last year I would bleed for likr 2-3 months and then nothing for like 4 months; for the 1st year no periods what-so-ever. I do like like cause it's in my arm so I know it's not going anywhere. I haven't had the mood swings though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)