Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The countdown begins!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 7 Replies
Signed my divorce papers today!!!!!!! 2 more months and I will officially be a single woman again!!! I haven't been single in 6 years. Im nervous but excited too!! I'm sad only because I really didn't want to divorce but things happen. We just were so unhappy together. Life is way too short to be unhappy like that. We tried for the past 2 years to fix us but it just wasn't happening. I need to be happy with myself first (which is what I'm working on now) before I can be in any relationship again. My focus is my dd now :-) I'm lucky though because my soon to be ex is such a good man. He will do anything for us and he is helping me get on my feet before I actually move out. I have my daycare in my home but don't make enough money to pay rent on my own somewhere yet. I'm hoping something will come up until then I'm here and he is staying in an apt (luckily he is a courtesy officer so we don't pay much rent there). I'm ready for a new beginning!!!! Anyone been through or going through a divorce now and would like to share stories I would love to hear them. Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
2lilmamas
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I have not experience a divorce or seperation. But I am happy thar you are staying strong and looking foward to better days. Good things is your working and making your child priority. Dont worry things will fall into place as time passes by.
AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM
No divorce here.. I think it's great that you and your ex are getting a long and it didn't turn into an ugly divorce like most do. Sounds like you're on the right path to happiness and I wish you the best of luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleigh24
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Thanks to both of you :-) yes we are getting along just fine. We did this before it got ugly of course :-) we will stay friends because we were better off friends anyways I think. I'm so proud of myself. Now don't get me wrong some days were really hard before I realized it was ok to end it. I was so mad for failing at my marriage. I wanted to fix it so bad but it just wasnt working so now that I have realized we aren't meant to be together right now I was much better off!!
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Good luck. I finalized my divorce last year. It was a very bad marriage. Abuse cheating etc. Ia happy now and have a great SO now
AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Congrats. ExDH and my divorce will be final in another few weeks. We're going to celebrate with drinks (yep, together!). We just weren't made for each other. We're both in happy relationships now and are still friends.

ashleigh24
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:46 PM
This is how I see us one day :-) I'm glad we aren't the only crazy people that can divorce and still get along and hang out!!

Quoting AimSnapHolz:

Congrats. ExDH and my divorce will be final in another few weeks. We're going to celebrate with drinks (yep, together!). We just weren't made for each other. We're both in happy relationships now and are still friends.

ashleigh24
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I'm so sorry about your ex but I'm glad you are happy now. My soon to ex isn't a horrible husband just not the man I married anymore. We changed and grew apart. I'm different too he says and I can't change who I am because I'm me. I want someone that loves me for me.

Quoting biancalina20:

Good luck. I finalized my divorce last year. It was a very bad marriage. Abuse cheating etc. Ia happy now and have a great SO now
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)