Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
Have you ever been fired from a job?
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Replies (91-91):
WesternNYmom
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Nope.  I did however, leave a job, because the manager wasn't giving me enough hours.  I went out and found another job, and then drove up to the place I was working and told them that I would not be coming in the next day, and then left to start my first shift at my new job.  I didn't feel guilty as that manager would schedual me to work, and then tell me they didn't need me when I would show up for my shift. My hours were so low that I was barely making enough money to pay for the gas to get to work.  The excuse that I was given was "I need people who live nearby. You live 20 mins away, and I can't count on you to get here quickly".   I got the same answer the day I quit, and said to the manager "Well, you just lost the only person old enough to work the machines (I worked at Auntie Anne's),  hope you don't get caught breaking the law by allowing 16 year olds to work the oven."  In NY you have to be 18 and over to operate ovens, food slicers, and mixers.  About 6 monthes later, I went to the mall and notice the pretzle stand, I used to work at was closed down. I found out from a woman who worked at the coffee shop next to it that it was shut down due to violations.  Oh well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN