Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At my breaking point

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello Im new to the group...Im 23 with a 4 year old daughter and 12 weeks pregnant. My boyfriend and I have known each other for 3 years, dated in the past and got back together this last August. We have been living together since. He used to be a drunk, i mean go out every night spend $100's a week at the bar, ect.  He has gotten SO much better with the drinking..from 7 nights a week to maybe once or twice a month...

Well we got into a fight Friday night...Saturday night he went to the bar..and got  a DWI !! Sooo pissed... not only are we moving in a few weeks, but now I have to miss work to take him to court and everything on top of missing work to goto my ultrasounds and ect.....  I still love him to death but I feel like I'm raising two kids,pregnant with # 3 and caring for a puppy on top of that...

Sorry!! Had to vent girls

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scoleman828
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM
You don't seem ready to leave him, and that's totally fine. I have been in your place, my dh is a recovering alcoholic, and also got a dui 6 months ago . might I recommend the "coping with an alcoholic relationship" group? They are VERY supportive and have helped me a lot. Also, feel free to pm me if you ever want to talk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this

So who are you going to get to take you to the hospital when you go into labor? He can't drive you now.

shmitts
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:42 PM
He can take her if he gets a work licence, depending on the state they are in. Included in the work licence is anything that benefits the household as long as it's in a timely matter. Again, depending on your state's laws

Went through the same shit with my BD.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I couldn't deal with that..
connie45
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Too much for a 23 year old. Drop this idiot or I guarantee you will have a life of codependent misery.
littlemrsd
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I'm 23 with a 5 year old daughter & a 7 month old! I hope your situation gets better! 

boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Dh got a DUI one night when I was out of town, I was so pissed. To get it resolved cost a ton of money, and since then our insurance has been sky high. I stayed because it was a one time thing (he doesn't have the same history of drinking). Based on your bf's history, if I were in your shoes I would re-evaluate if the relationship was really worth saving. But only you know everything that's happened, and only you can make that choice. Good luck, hope everything works out. 

Titana
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Welcome to the group! I have been where u r minus the kids. My current SO turned 21 and went nuts. He became a bad alcoholic and 4 months later got a dui. I freaked. We were at a bad place because of his drinking before this and for me it was almost painful. I talked to him and he got help. We are now both 26 with a beautiful 5month old daughter. My advice is to explain to him WHY u feel like u do and what ur fears are. Don't attack him though because I did and let me tell u it just makes it worse. After u talk decide what u want and if he wants it too and is willing to put in his share of effort to get there. Only u know when it is too much for u. Best of luck hun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:52 PM

WOW, I have been saying that a lot lately.  What is it with these posts????  He seems to need to get in to AA, but it will not do any good until he is ready to make a change.  You should have thought MORE before getting pregnant with number 3.  You are so young.  

I am sorry but going out to drink even once or twice a month when you have a family is NOT acceptable especially if he is going to get drunk!  Now he is stuck with a DWI, sad but this should be a wake up call for you!  The next time you get in a fight and he goes out and gets drunk he may do even more damage!

Welcome to the group and good luck to you both.  

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I'm anti-alcoholism so I will step out of your post. Good luck to you and I hope he is able to get the help he needs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)