Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want another baby but my husband says NO!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 16 Replies

Okay so We have two amazing kids, we have been married for six years, our youngest is turning three this year. Im trying sooooo hard to convince my hubby that we should have another baby. First he said we should wait until our youngest was potty trained, then that happened and no, now we are going to be financially stable and able to pay for a child with next to no issues, and he still says no! I want one so bad I find myself WISHING and DREAMING it! I keep hoping my birth control will fail, or something, (not intentionally mnind you) I just need some advice on how to get him to see things from my side, or how to approach the subject ith him not comepletely shutting down on me . Thanks :)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie944
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I am in the same boat as you.  Me and DH have been married for 5.5 years, and we have a 5 yr old DD that keeps asking me to have another baby.  My DH is happy with our "small" family, and although I try to be happy with it too, i still get this wanting for one more baby.  Ugh... I tell myself, maybe in a few years after I start working again.  I am 27, so i have a few more years i guess... Good luck Momma.. you are not alone! 

MaddiesMama09
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I have the opposite problem here. I want no more kids and my husband is begging me for another!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I honestly don't think it's fair to push wanting another child on your spouse. It's not like buying a car...it's another human being. He knows you want another one, you know he doesn't. Give him some more time.

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Did you post this a few months ago? Maybe he just feels content right now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Don't ask me that! I have to be honest and two kids are good! But thats not here nor there! I mean really just keep communicating with him and work on pros&cons both of you! Yes babies are a blessing and there is lots of joy! But you should really ask him if he is truly ready for another? Doesn't sound like he is? He keeps coming up with different things!

TwilekMommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM

You could always look into fostering children that could use good homes.  I understand the feeling of wanting another one, but if you're husband isn't ready for it or doesn't want another one, you can't exactly force him.

rayroe2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Just ask him when will he be ready again because he said by the time 3 year old was potty trained and he didnt stick with that so whats up?

EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM

you 2 need to sit down and talk...find out WHY he doesn't want another and tell him how you feel...maybe there is a good reason he doesn't want another.  either way you 2 need to sit down and talk about it.

OHgirlinCA
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should focus on the children you do have and stop pushing your husband to have another baby. It's obvious he's not ready for another one. He knows how you feel. Be patient.  How would you feel if the tables were turned?

I would think when he is ready on his own accord, he'll let you know. 

MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Having another baby should be a mutual agreement between both parties. If the other isn't ready, it is not right to force the other parent on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)