Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I selfish??

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:22 PM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

I want to "run away" for a weekend. I want to rent a hotel room (near by) with a deep soaking tub, cable and internet; go to a spa to get a deep tissue massage, go get a mani and pedi, maybe get my hair done. I just want to be pampered for a weekend!! I have been working my butt off saving for a down payment on a house, paying off credit card bills, getting up with the baby, feeding the baby, making my husband breakfast and his lunch. I just want a "me" weekend. I've never really asked much for myself and I feel like this valentines day this would be a great present *sigh* too bad I know my husband would never do this.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OHgirlinCA
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Why don't you sit down with you husband and plan a weekend away?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blackroses137
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM
You definetly deserve some "me" time. I think every mother/wife needs "me" time. It helps you feel better and you deserve to get pampered for all the hard work you do. Talk to your husband about it and see what he says. If he doesn't want you doing it Valentin's day, ask him when he thinks you should. It would be really nice of him to give you that special alone time. I hope you'll be able to get your "me" time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Joduval
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I agree with the above! It's important that you express to your husband how you feel. You are not selfish and if he makes you feel that then he is the selfish one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Thanks girls! I really hope so. I'd love a weekend getaway!

mrsfitz05
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM
TELL him! Then do it for yourself! No you are not selfish.
Inlove2013
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:13 PM
My older sister does that often. It wouldn't be for me but she says she needs it! Good luck w the husband being ok w it!
rstuart66
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Do you have any siblings or friends who would help you for the weekend?  Not sure if you trying to get away from the hubby as well, would understand that as well.  Tell him to have a guys weekend at the same time.

SlightlyPerfect
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Yes, that is selfish.

slightlyperfect

SassyLaLa85
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I agree with you...I would love that, but it will never happen in my world.

furbabymum
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM
2 moms liked this

You give yours a choice? Weird woman you! I "ask" mine if I can do something. Mainly I'm asking to make sure he didn't already make plans. Then I go. He can't tell me I'm not going to a movie, play, spa. Plus he watches our DS like a champ. He should, it's his kid too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)