Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you do these things in front of your man?

Posted by   + Show Post

5 Things No Woman Should EVER Do in Front of Her Husband

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on January 15, 2013 

pooping in front of husbandOne of the best things about marriage is the comfort level you get to with a person who knows you both inside and out. After 10 years of marriage, I can officially say that I have done most things in front of my husband, including shower, pee, have babies, laugh until soda came out of my nose, and sleep. But there are still a few things I will never do in front of him.

It's not that we aren't intimate. We are. Deeply. But I am someone who believes strongly in the power of distance. It makes the heart grow fonder, after all. Some things are just meant to stay private. Forever.

Like popping, for instance. There is a discussion right now on CafeMom about this, and some are in favor of pooping in front of their love, while others aren't. For me, this is a massive no-no. Here are five things I would simply never do in front of my spouse:

1.) Poop: Sorry, ladies. I know some of you disagree with me and think the family who poops together stays together, but no. Not me. Not ever. After 12 years with the same man, I can officially say I still don't even TALK about poop with him. I don't want to hear about his and I don't want him to ask him about mine. Better to keep it all private and pretend it doesn't happen. Some mystery isn't a bad thing.

2.) Pop a zit: This is just a gross thing and something no one needs to see. I don't want to see him do it and I sure as hell don't want him to see me do it. If the bathroom door is locked, you can wait outside, honey!

3.) Pick your nose: I dry heave at the thought. We all know it has to happen sometimes. But just keep that stuff to yourself. No one's fingers belong in anyone's noses. The end.

4.) Remove hair: This means everything. I don't shave, wax, tweeze, or anything else in front of my man. It's just how I roll.

5.) Cut your toenails: I don't know why, but this really skeeves me out. I don't want to see him doing it and I will get my pedicures at the salon FAR from his prying eyes.

Do you do these things in front of your man?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM
My husband has seen me my worst.

Quoting toybar02:

i feel the exact same way, hes popped my zits and shaved me too and im not even pregnant lol, they just make a big deal out of nothing
Quoting StrawberryCool:

I guess we are destined for divorce then huh?

I do all in front of him.

And I dont care...if im pooping and I needs something or need to talk to him, then he can see me poop.

He pops my zits. I fart in front of him.

He shaves my vagina I cant see it as my belly istoo big.

So whatever.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL We do all of those thing in front of each other except nose picking. I don't pick my nose but if that includes blowing your nose than we are guilty of that too.  Hell, I even pop his zits. We've been together for 13 years and have known each other for 18 years. There is no need for secrets.

zinniadaisy
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Sure, and he and my kids have done most if not all (poop included) in front of me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zinniadaisy
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Ha! I pop zits too!! Sometimes you get a better angle on it...

Quoting bmw29:

LOL We do all of those thing in front of each other except nose picking. I don't pick my nose but if that includes blowing your nose than we are guilty of that too.  Hell, I even pop his zits. We've been together for 13 years and have known each other for 18 years. There is no need for secrets.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM

My husband and I have no secrets from each other.

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:45 PM

The only one I do is shave in front of him, I don't do any of the other's in front of him.

Michelle
Mom to 4 boys and 3 girls with #8 on the way
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and EDD 7-29-13

AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Some of them I haven't done because they simply haven't come up. I don't get zits and neither does he, and while he's pooped around me (while I was in the shower as a matter of fact, he "just couldn't wait any longer" lol), I don't poop very often and usually he's not here when I have to. I wouldn't be worried about it though.

I fail to see how any of these things are bad. Some people just have different privacy levels and gross factors than others.

ETA: Last night I farted, and he goes, "Dude, you can do better than that."

nikkikry
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I pluck my eyebrows and cut my toe nails in front of him. I will not shave my armpits while he's in the shower with me, but I did shave my legs once. I was uncomfortable so I rushed and sliced my leg open lol Very sexy! Won't do that again.

Everything else is a no for me.

aimesnyc
by Amy on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I do all of the above and have no shame about any of it.  In fact, I pop his zits and remove his hair (I trim his hair every now and then and tweeze our any hard to reach ingrown hairs for him).

lisajo76
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:58 PM
2 moms liked this
My dh sometimes shaves me "down there" and its the sexiest thing in the world to me. We do everything in front of each other. I figure if we can share body fluids we can share anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN