Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you do these things in front of your man?

Posted by   + Show Post

5 Things No Woman Should EVER Do in Front of Her Husband

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on January 15, 2013 

pooping in front of husbandOne of the best things about marriage is the comfort level you get to with a person who knows you both inside and out. After 10 years of marriage, I can officially say that I have done most things in front of my husband, including shower, pee, have babies, laugh until soda came out of my nose, and sleep. But there are still a few things I will never do in front of him.

It's not that we aren't intimate. We are. Deeply. But I am someone who believes strongly in the power of distance. It makes the heart grow fonder, after all. Some things are just meant to stay private. Forever.

Like popping, for instance. There is a discussion right now on CafeMom about this, and some are in favor of pooping in front of their love, while others aren't. For me, this is a massive no-no. Here are five things I would simply never do in front of my spouse:

1.) Poop: Sorry, ladies. I know some of you disagree with me and think the family who poops together stays together, but no. Not me. Not ever. After 12 years with the same man, I can officially say I still don't even TALK about poop with him. I don't want to hear about his and I don't want him to ask him about mine. Better to keep it all private and pretend it doesn't happen. Some mystery isn't a bad thing.

2.) Pop a zit: This is just a gross thing and something no one needs to see. I don't want to see him do it and I sure as hell don't want him to see me do it. If the bathroom door is locked, you can wait outside, honey!

3.) Pick your nose: I dry heave at the thought. We all know it has to happen sometimes. But just keep that stuff to yourself. No one's fingers belong in anyone's noses. The end.

4.) Remove hair: This means everything. I don't shave, wax, tweeze, or anything else in front of my man. It's just how I roll.

5.) Cut your toenails: I don't know why, but this really skeeves me out. I don't want to see him doing it and I will get my pedicures at the salon FAR from his prying eyes.

Do you do these things in front of your man?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
mrsjksimmons
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I've done all of the above in front of my husband. Guess we're gonna get divorced. lol

Bertieb
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I've been married a year and a half and haven't done any of those in front of my husband,nor do I plan too just because I embarrass easily and it's gone on too long. I wish I had just been loose with it in the beginning and gotten it over with.  He tells me all the time I can come in the bathroom while he is in there but I just can't do it. I do everything possible not to fart in front of him, heck I even turn the water on sometimes so he can't hear me pee during the night. I don't think I've even pooped right before he's gone into the bathroom yet. I farted in my daughter's room and she ran and told him how awful it was and that I did it. I didn't come out of her room for another hour from embarrassment! I know, how silly!!

AngelicMommy_72
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I wouldn't poop ing front of. him. But then again I wouldn't poop in front of anybody. The rest just seems to be a part of everyday life and grooming so whatever, lol... He may be my man but he's also my family so he can deal with it..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chercaruso
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I do all of the above except #1.  We have been together for 11 years and I still won't.  It's the most private of all things and I just can't have him in there while I'm doing that. He, on the other hand, thinks nothing of plopping down on the toilet right when I'm at the sink trying to brush my teeth!  Gross!  Thankfully our toilet is in it's own little closet in the bathroom so I shut the door on him. 

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I do it all in front of him. Lol. Doesnt bother us
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, and he is perfectly fine with it,lol. I swear, some of these articles are just funny!

MamaDearie
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I don't do any of these in front of him.

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Kimsd
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I have never pooped in front of him and never will. I don't even like pooping in the room next to the room he is in.

I don't pick my nose in front of him, either. He has picked my nose before, though.

I don't have an issue clipping my toenails, popping a zit or removing hair in front of him, at all. Hell, he has done all of those things for me. I like it when he shaves my legs, he shaves my vagina quite often and he is the one who plucks my eyebrows. My eyesight sucks and he's steadier than I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples303
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I will do everything but poop in front of my hubby. Lol And possibly pop a zit. I doubt he would really care, but still. :)

xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I agree... take me as I am. If he had problems with anything I did, I wouldn't have married him.

Quoting toybar02:

i"ve done them all in front of my man except for picking my nose but i honestly dont see what the big deal is, if this is someone i love unconditionally and he loves me unconditionally than you shouldnt have to hide normal things you do daily, if i couldnt be comfortable in my home and have to hide and sneak to do certain things than i would just live alone ( imo)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)