Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you do these things in front of your man?

Posted by   + Show Post

5 Things No Woman Should EVER Do in Front of Her Husband

Posted by Sasha Brown-Worsham on January 15, 2013 

pooping in front of husbandOne of the best things about marriage is the comfort level you get to with a person who knows you both inside and out. After 10 years of marriage, I can officially say that I have done most things in front of my husband, including shower, pee, have babies, laugh until soda came out of my nose, and sleep. But there are still a few things I will never do in front of him.

It's not that we aren't intimate. We are. Deeply. But I am someone who believes strongly in the power of distance. It makes the heart grow fonder, after all. Some things are just meant to stay private. Forever.

Like popping, for instance. There is a discussion right now on CafeMom about this, and some are in favor of pooping in front of their love, while others aren't. For me, this is a massive no-no. Here are five things I would simply never do in front of my spouse:

1.) Poop: Sorry, ladies. I know some of you disagree with me and think the family who poops together stays together, but no. Not me. Not ever. After 12 years with the same man, I can officially say I still don't even TALK about poop with him. I don't want to hear about his and I don't want him to ask him about mine. Better to keep it all private and pretend it doesn't happen. Some mystery isn't a bad thing.

2.) Pop a zit: This is just a gross thing and something no one needs to see. I don't want to see him do it and I sure as hell don't want him to see me do it. If the bathroom door is locked, you can wait outside, honey!

3.) Pick your nose: I dry heave at the thought. We all know it has to happen sometimes. But just keep that stuff to yourself. No one's fingers belong in anyone's noses. The end.

4.) Remove hair: This means everything. I don't shave, wax, tweeze, or anything else in front of my man. It's just how I roll.

5.) Cut your toenails: I don't know why, but this really skeeves me out. I don't want to see him doing it and I will get my pedicures at the salon FAR from his prying eyes.

Do you do these things in front of your man?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I try not to do any of these things in front of him, but sometimes when I'm trying to groom he insists on being in my face...LOL!  He has occasionally seen me tweeze and cut my toenails.  He's popped a zit on my back for me...I didn't ask him to...he just did it...so I guess it didn't gross him out too much.

jackieb2811
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I tell him when I have to go poop but he is never in there

I tweeze pop a pimpleinfront of him and I bite my nails but my toenails I will cut in front of him.

We have been together for 2 years in May:-)

I blow my nose in front of him but I pick my nose with a tissue in private! Some things shouldn't be seen haha!

beeky
by Alexandra on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I've done all those things.  I've been married too long to have secrets.

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I never  ever will do any of those things in front of my man including farting!!! 

SLTmom
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I've tweeted, cut my nails, shaved and he has shaved me, and popped zits. 

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:19 PM

This is me, except I don't tweeze, but I will shave my legs in front of my husband,

Quoting TS9509:

I will tweeze and cut my toe nails in front of my DH but that is it.

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:33 PM
I've cut my toenails infront of him but never any of the other stuff! I like to keep a little mystery in our marriage. He doesn't need to see anything gross lol.. I'm sure seeing me give birth to our 2 kids was traumatizing enough! :)
bugsmama149
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Everything but crap. We do talk alot about poop though. We're a very farty/burpy family. Our son and I are like 5 year olds when hubby is takin a dump. We stand by the bathroom door and make farting noises at him.

mommyto3bees
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:49 PM

yea ., oh well and so does he.. well i dont pop zits eww thats gross

KaylasMama11
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I do all of the above and more it's not that serious he has also done it in front of me. who cares :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)