Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever been waxed?

Posted by   + Show Post
Have you ever been waxed down there? A Brazilian wax? How was your experience with it? Would you get one if you had the chance?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
kattu
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:10 PM
This

Quoting zinniadaisy:

both a regular and a brazillian - they HURT and are expensive, butthe results are nice..... BUT $50+ depending on where you go every 3-4 weeks plus tip...in my 20's I could afford it but now I have 3 kids with another on the way, so not worth it anymore

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Waxing does hurt a bit but unless your pain tollerence is inasanely low, it won't be unbearable.

The thing about waxing is it pulls the hair from the root, stopping the growth process. If you shave, it cuts the hair to skin level but the growth process is uninterrupted. If you shave and you've altered the growth pattern of different areas of hair, it could result in the hair seemingly growing back quickly until you go for a few sessions and get evened back out. Waxing works best on hair no longer than 1/2 an inch. Otherwise, it's mostly just pulling your skin which could result in welts, tears, redness, or discomfort so feel free to trim yourself a bit beforehand to lessen the chance of having a traumatic experience. And always make sure your tech has accreditation. Some places think that waxing is something one can do with absolutely no experience but like most things, there's a right way and a wrong way. If the tech doesn't check the temp of the wax on their arm before starting, make sure they stop and test so that you don't get burned. If you feel very uncomfortable after, ask of they have a colloidal oatmeal mask they could apply to soothe the area before you leave. It helps immensely.

Sorry that was so long, it's just that I went to school for it and thought you might like the extra information.
anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I have gotten a bikini wax and I would NEVER do it again.  But the funny thing is that I use an epilator (the razor that pulls the hair out) and have for 10 years so it does not even bother me anymore.  I got the bikini wax thinking it would be "neater" but it was just awful.

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I want to! My skin gets so irritated from shaving all the time lol but I don't know if I have the guts to have my lady bits out for a stranger to see lol!
mommyto3bees
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:51 PM

no, i dont need to not have hair down there.. not something thats idle for me and the hair growing back in get super itchy when it does.. lol my hubby likes my bush lmfao

agrisham13mom
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I've thought about it but always chicken out lol
stacefaceninja
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM

The only thing I've ever waxed was eyebrows.....I cannot imagine having my vag hair ripped out. Just . can't. imagine....

-If for any reason you feel an urge to correct my grammar, spelling, or punctuation, please suppress this urge. You are not important enough to me to spend time editing before I post.  I will just laugh at you-

beeky
by Alexandra on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I had one a couple of years ago and when the hair grew back it was mostly grey lol.

alliesaurus
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:59 PM

yes and yes. I used to have them done regularly. The first time is painful and makes you not want to go back lol. but the hair that grows back in is so fine and removes so much easier! Its definitely something you must keep up on, if you want to do it and have the benefits. When we lived in CA i had them done every 4 weeks, and found a private business owner girl I LOVED and she was very affordable. I know i had spent the same amount in razors, so i just spent that one a once a month treatment and bought disposables for my underarms and legs.

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I buy the kit from sallys beauty supply and dh waxes me after the first couple strips i go numb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)