Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever been waxed?

Posted by   + Show Post
Have you ever been waxed down there? A Brazilian wax? How was your experience with it? Would you get one if you had the chance?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Replies (51-60):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM

No

pinkcsmtlgy
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I get mine done every 2 months. I've been doing it for over 5 years now. After you get past the first time it's not so bad. And take a tylenol about an hour before your appointment.

Fairywings1223
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I would love to get it done but afraid of the pain. :(

diamondgyal16
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:13 AM

i want to get one

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM

All they do is waxing, but they don't use beeswax or sugaring, but their own proprietary wax which doesn't seem to hurt as the other methods.  No strips are needed, which is why it doesn't hurt as much and they are really great and knowledgeable.   If you are a frequent waxer, they also offer a discount so you can pay for a yearly membership and come in as many times as you want and get whatever you want waxed.

Quoting stickyfingers:

whats the differance?

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Ifthere's a European Wax Center by you, I would highly recommend them. 

Quoting stickyfingers:

thats not bad...i think they would be 100.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Yes.  I've gotten Brazilians and it was great and lasted for about 3-4 weeks.  I had stopped getting them done regularly because of scheduling, but I used to pay about $42 each visit. 

sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM

No that would hurt!!

KelliW29
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I had a bikini wax and had an awful reaction.  By the time the rash cleared up the hair was back.  :(

susan92
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM

never had one and i really don't think i ever will lol

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM

No not into pain, I just shave there all the time so no hair with no pain.

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

hockeymom94
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I get a Brazilian every 4-5 weeks. If you're considering it, go the week after your cycle (less sensitive)...and the first few times you do it, you'll be sore for around 3-4 days. Hard wax hurts less, but soft wax gets fine hairs. It'll take about a year for all of your hair to get on the same cycle...be patient, do NOT shave. Ever! If you ever try shaving in between, you will be in so much pain. Also, until your body gets used to it, you'll get tiny oil bumps. You can use a really mild scrub of Shea beads. And, you and your husband will never ever want you to stop waxing. It's that good. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)