Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

how was the deed after birth?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 30 Replies

just gave birth to our little girl six weeks ago... Ive booked a hotel for us this sat in SF and Im curious what was intamacy like after birth? im excited and nervous... my husband always plans our outings hes more romantic than I am so this is the first time ive done every little detail and he knows nothing other than we are going to the bay this weekend.. he doesnt know when where or why.. its awesome! 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Everyone's different. You might have some discomfort, just take it slow and easy. I was fine by six weeks, we just took it easy! Have fun :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrand
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I had a botched stitch that made it very painful for about 6 months, but that isn't the norm, Most women are fine after 6 weeks. Good luck and have fun!! :)

Honeybunches26
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM

is there anyway to know if you have a botched stitch? i was sewn up also.. and tore bad during birth my ob says everything looking great but thats what im nervous about! thanks lovely! 

Quoting mrsbrand:

I had a botched stitch that made it very painful for about 6 months, but that isn't the norm, Most women are fine after 6 weeks. Good luck and have fun!! :)

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
With my first it was very painful for awhile, but I tore badly & was still in pain without sex. With our daughter I was perfectly fine :)
mrsbrand
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My stitch was painful when i was stretching my thighs, or sitting on it funny, I was in a lot of pain a lot of the time. At about 5 monts pp I slipped on a wet tile floor and tore the stitch out, a week and half later I felt much better and at 6 months PP my and hubby we were back to doing the deed like pros. At six weeks PP you would know if you had a stitch like mine. Take it slow, don't be afraid to use lube and try different positions if something is uncomfortable. Just take it easy and have fun. 

Quoting Honeybunches26:

is there anyway to know if you have a botched stitch? i was sewn up also.. and tore bad during birth my ob says everything looking great but thats what im nervous about! thanks lovely! 

Quoting mrsbrand:

EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this
After both kids it was great...we couldn't wait the 6weeks after dd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautifulmom513
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

with both of my kids I was having sex again at 3 weeks pp. was a little sore the 1st time. but wasn't painful or anything. every women is different tho. just take it slow and use lots of lube and you should be fine.

EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Although a few positions were better than before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybunches26
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM

do you still enjoy sex the same? i just dont want to have lost it! but the urge is back so im hoping that means everything else is? 

Quoting EsmeVincent:

Although a few positions were better than before

zinniadaisy
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

dry and sleep affected - lol!  Use lube and go slow...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)