Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Who wants to help me plan?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm looking for some suggestions and was hoping you ladies might be able to help me out!

Last year was our 5th anniversary, but we weren't able to get away to do anything, which was fine, our daughter wasn't even a year old yet. This year however, my husband says he wants to go away for a weekend (Our actually anniversary lands on a Saturday, so that would work) and my parents offered to watch our daughter for a long weekend.

Now, since they live in FL, we could just go down to the Disney parks, and we wouldn't be that far from our DD if something should happen (Which I doubt) but we've been to the parks so many times since we both grew up in FL. I'm sure we'd still have a lot of fun if we did go to the parks though.

Does anyone have any other suggestions of a fun weekend getaway? My mom said she'd be willing to come to us (in GA), but I already feel kind of guilty about taking her up on the offer to watch DD for a long weekend, but I'm open to any and all suggestions!

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Honeybunches26
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM

id think you should let your mom come down...or if you go to fl dont go to the parks go on yelp and read reviews for hotels in the general area you want to stay and book one... find a nice resturant and some cool activities to do... I just did this well it hasnt happened yet its for sat.. my husband doesnt know any details but hes excited and thinks its sexy im taking charge and making some plans..but i did alot of googling and finding things we are into.. found a cute hotel on the beach, a nice vegan resturant for dinner and some cool art museams for us to visit things we like... think of things you both enjoy and make a plan I hope its awesome! I know how you mean about the baby though ours is 6weeks shes coming with us! 

EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM
We love going to the mountains...we are north of Atl and Blueridge is so nice this time of year. We get a cabin with a hot tub....pretty sure DS was made in a cabin in Blueridge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM

We live in NW GA and hubby and I love going to Chattanooga,TN for our weekends away.We have such a great time!We've also been to Helen,GA and stayed in the Black Bear Resort cabins and then went through the town and sight seeing outside of Helen and did horseback riding.FABULOUS time!

CotterpinDoozer
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

We live in NW Georgia too. We did Chatanooga one year and Gatlinburg another, but I'll get with my mom. If she really doesn't mind coming up here, it might work because at least DD will be at home, ya know? Not sure yet...we also tossed around the idea of Savannah, haven't decided yet.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

kaitybird
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM

How about a night on the town and a nice hotel.  :)  There is so much to do in FL.  The disney parks aren't that romantic, but if you could do a NICE hotel room, dinner and things to do in the area that you plan on that would be great!  :)  Maybe a couples massage too!  

CotterpinDoozer
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I think we've decided we're just going to take a weekend trip to St. Augustine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN