Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Calcifications ?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 2 Replies

I really didn't know where to post this but I wanted to talk (write) it out just to get it off my chest...

I went for a mammogram yesterday.  I have been going for a couple years now even though I'm only 38 because my aunt had breast cancer. Thank God she kicked its butt :)

Well, they had to take about 20 films of my left breast... the lady came back in and out of the room like 4 times to talk to the dr and do more films.  I was having nervous breakdown practically and by the last films I had everything in me to not bust out crying.

Finally, she comes back in with the dr.  Im like SHIT if the dr comes in this cant be good lol.

He tells me that I have white spots on my left breast.  Calcifications... they are normally just "normal".  They actually were on my last films.  They wondered if they were on the skin but after doing all the films he decided they are on the breast.

They are round and not weird shaped which is good.... so normaly means they are benign.  He says that he doesn't see any reason to do a biopsy right now but he wants me to come back again in 6 months.

Im scared shitless now.  I had melonoma when I was 26... they removed with surgery but of course this just scares me.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Don't panic. If they thought there was an issue they would send you for a biopsy. Calcifications are very normal, especially if you breast fed your children.

Fairegirl33
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I didn't BF

I'm trying not to panic... Im trying not to think about it at all lol that is why I thought it I wrote about it and "get it out" than I can move on until the next mammo.

The dr told me that it is norm and I read that it is normally norm.. but you know how it goes..

Thank you :)

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Don't panic. If they thought there was an issue they would send you for a biopsy. Calcifications are very normal, especially if you breast fed your children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN