Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Welcome to Love & Marriage! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Love & Marriage group!

Whether you're married, engaged, or in a long-term relationship, this is the place to seek support and advice for your relationship! :)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice daySteph

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting evangcathy:

Hi my name is Cathy and I've been married for 24 years with 5 children.3 girls and 2 boys.My oldest daughter just got married on 09-15-12.We do have some problems with sex and itimacy it seems that all he care about is HIM HIM HIM.I've talk to him about it and he say is yeah yeah yeah and then nothing.PLEASE HELP ME! He don't want to try ky-brand yours and mines he say it's stupid.PLEASE HELP ME.

Welcome to the group Cathy.  Married for 24 years?  That's awesome.    As for your sex and intimacy issues... thats has to be an ONGOING conversation until he "gets it"   This may be something that you already do but make it about you instead of about him & what he's NOT doing.   People (guys especially) tend to stop listening when they feel accused of something.   Do you best to be specific about your wants and needs.  Even while you are actually having sex... give a little direction.   Try subtle at first and if that doesn't work don't be afraid to get a little bossy! ;)  Why does he think the ky stuff is stupid?  Is he just old school and stubborn or do you think he might be a little nervous about it and is trying to hide that?   Maybe he is more worried about his reaction to it than anything?    I'm sorry I don't have better advice.   I wish you luck though. 

Jenniferboys3
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Hello everyone. I am Jennifer I am 36 I am happily married with 3 boys  ages 9, 7, and 5. It gets crazy sometimes and stressful in a house full of  men and boys but I guess that is what makes me stronger....lol  Never a dull moment for me :)

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Hi Cathy! If you'll start a new post about this, you'll receive more support and advice, but have you asked him WHY he doesn't care about your pleasure? Do you have sex often or not much at all?

Quoting evangcathy:

Hi my name is Cathy and I've been married for 24 years with 5 children.3 girls and 2 boys.My oldest daughter just got married on 09-15-12.We do have some problems with sex and itimacy it seems that all he care about is HIM HIM HIM.I've talk to him about it and he say is yeah yeah yeah and then nothing.PLEASE HELP ME! He don't want to try ky-brand yours and mines he say it's stupid.PLEASE HELP ME.

gdsTX
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi, I'm Chelsea. I've got a 2 year old DS set to turn 3 in April. My son's dad is my SO. We've been together for almost 4 years now off and on. We had a couple problems with a supposed mutual friend who just wanted what she couldn't have, but we've come out the other side stronger than before. Marriage may be in our future, but I'm not gonna push for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
liz.1986
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:02 PM
2 moms liked this
New intro to go with the new intro thread. :)
Hi! I'm Elizabeth. I'm 26, a sahm to 2 boys, and married to my high school sweetheart. Chris is 7 and Anthony is 5. Tim and I have been together for 9 years and married for 5. We currently live in Washington but will be back home in Texas VERY soon!
gdsTX
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Forgot to mention I'm 25 to be 26 also in April. SO is only a month older than me.

Quoting gdsTX:

Hi, I'm Chelsea. I've got a 2 year old DS set to turn 3 in April. My son's dad is my SO. We've been together for almost 4 years now off and on. We had a couple problems with a supposed mutual friend who just wanted what she couldn't have, but we've come out the other side stronger than before. Marriage may be in our future, but I'm not gonna push for it.

redrose_12
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Hello my name is Karina I'm 26 and a FTM of a 1mo, her father is my bf although we are not married after having my views on love, marriage and family have changed. So ill be looking forward to see if there are other that feel the same as I do or similar at least. Nice to meet some of y'all soon.
HLSsMom24
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi.  I'm Stephanie.  Married 30 yr old mother of a one year old little boy...mother of three if you count my husband and our dog. :P  Been married for about 4 1/2 years but together for almost 11.  Love my boys!

CafeMom Tickers

~Stephanie~

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Quoting Jenniferboys3:

Hello everyone. I am Jennifer I am 36 I am happily married with 3 boys  ages 9, 7, and 5. It gets crazy sometimes and stressful in a house full of  men and boys but I guess that is what makes me stronger....lol  Never a dull moment for me :)

Welcome to the group Jennifer! (=

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Quoting gdsTX:

Hi Chelsea, Welcome to the group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN