Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Love & Marriage! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Love & Marriage group!

Whether you're married, engaged, or in a long-term relationship, this is the place to seek support and advice for your relationship! :)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice daySteph

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Replies (81-90):
Gratefulmom0502
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi Everyone! Happy to be here!

evangcathy
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this

He said that he do care about my needs and then go back to being selfish.When we do have sex it's few and far between.You see I had a hysterectonomy and it takes me a long time to reach my climax,but he just don't get it he says he understand but he don't.I feel like he don't love me anymore and I'm scared and I don't know how to get back to his heart. I talk to him and he just says ok ok ok or yeah yeah yeah and that's it.

8isenough419
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Hello all, my name is Mena and I am recently married, facing all of the new relationship whoas ( I guess), I am work and go to school and have found that I keep myself busy outside of my relationship because that spark is not  catching... ( In activities that is not with other people)

embarrassed

meangreen18
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this

hey ladies! my names is kristen. my DH and i have been together over 6 years and just recently wed this past october. we have a DS (5) and DD (5months) together.

CozyBlankie
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

family in the vanI didnt think they had a mini with 6 members in the family lol... Im a WAHM with 4 kids 3 girls and one boy! I married my highschool sweet heart and weve been married for 7 1/2 years now, we got together in 2002 married in 2005. 

CozyBlankie
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello, sorry im new to this but what does DH and DS stand for?confused

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Hi Deb! It sounds like you have your hands full with a very rich life. :)

Quoting djlm70:

My name is Deb and I've been married to my husband, Robert, for 2 1/2 years, but together for 3 1/2. Between us we have 6 kids. He has 3 daughters from a previous marriage ages 8, 7, and 5. I have a 21 year old daughter from a previous relationship, a 13 year old son from a previous marriage, and my husband and I have a 2 year old daughter together. The 8 year old and 5 year old both have Cerebral Palsy. Our household is very chaotic most of the time. I'm a stay at home mom and a Pure Romance Consultant. My husband works two jobs and we both are going to school online. We make time for each other every night after the kids go to bed. Recently we went through a rough patch but we managed to get through it and now we are closer than ever.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Men don't often like to talk about relationship problems, especially sexual ones, for fear of being made to feel inadequate or less manly in some way. When you talk to him again, talk to him outside of the bedroom and tell him how you feel and what you need for him to do. When you're in the bedroom in the moment, guide him verbally or physically to do the things you need to increase your response. You can also talk to your doctor to find out ways to help improve your response, too. Good luck! :)

Quoting evangcathy:

He said that he do care about my needs and then go back to being selfish.When we do have sex it's few and far between.You see I had a hysterectonomy and it takes me a long time to reach my climax,but he just don't get it he says he understand but he don't.I feel like he don't love me anymore and I'm scared and I don't know how to get back to his heart. I talk to him and he just says ok ok ok or yeah yeah yeah and that's it.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi there! Welcome to the group! DH = Dear Husband and DS = Dear Son

Here are more helpful abbreviations found on the 1st page of The Newcomers Club in the The CafeMom Help Desk - Getting started on CafeMom post:

Some Common Abbreviations

WRITING IN ALL CAPITALS - SHOUTING

BUMP - Bring Up My Post!  When someone posts "bump" in a reply to a post, they are bringing the whole thread to the top of the group so more people will see it.  The posts on the group are in order of when the last reply was added.

AC = Adopted Child
AF = Aunt Flo
AP= Attachment Parenting
ATM = At the Moment
AYT = Are You There
BBL = Be Back Later
BD = Baby Dancing 
BF = Boy Friend (also sometimes best friend, breast-feeding or breakfast, depending on context!!)
BFN = Big Fat Negative
BFP = Big Fat Positive
BIL = Brother-In-Law
BL = Belly Laugh
BRB = Be Right Back
BTW = By The Way

CIO = Crying It Out
CM = CafeMom (can also mean Cervical Mucous)
CYL = Catch Ya' Later
DD = Dearest Daughter, Darling Daughter, etc
DF = Dear/Darling Fiance'
DH = Dear Hubby (Or Husband), Darling Hubby, Darn Hubby, Dumb Hubby, etc
DIKU = Do I Know You
DS = Dearest Son, Darling Son, etc (can also mean Direct Sales)
DSA = Direct Selling Association
DW = Dear/Darling Wife
ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival or Edited To Add
F2F = Face To Face
FAQ = Frequently Asked Question
FC = Foster Child
FIL = Father-In-Law
FF = Formula Feed or Forward Facing (car seat)
FTW = For The Win
FWIW = For What It's Worth
GF = Girl Friend
HTH = Hope That Helps
IKWYM = I Know What You Mean
IM = Instant Message
IMHO = In My Humble/Honest Opinion
IRL = In Real Life
ISO = In Search Of
ITA = I Totally Agree
JK = Just Kidding
JMO = Just My Opinion/Observation
JUD = Jumping Up And Down
KWIM = Know What I Mean
LMAO = Laughing My A$$ Off
LMBO = Laughing My Butt Off
LO = Little One
LOL = Laughing Out Loud or Lots Of Laughs
MB = Message Board
MD = Meltdown
MIL = Mother-In-Law
MIS/DS = Mom's In Sales Direct Selling
NAD = Nursing At Desk
NAK = Nursing At Keyboard
OIC = Oh I See
OMG = Oh My Gosh
OP = Original Poster
OPK = Ovulation Predictor Kit
OT = Off Topic
OTOH = On The Other Hand
PIOG = Posted In Other Groups
PITA = Pain In The Acronyms
PM = Private Message
POV = Point Of View
PP = Previous Poster
PTMM = Please Tell Me More
RAK/DAK=Random Acts Of Kindness/Deliberate Acts Of Kindness
RE = Rolling Eyes
ROFL or ROTFL = Rolling On The Floor Laughing
ROFLMBO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Butt Off
SAH(M) =Stay At Home (Mom)
SD = Step Daughter
SFAG = Stolen From Another Group
SIL = Sister-In-Law
SMH = Shaking My Head
SO = Significant Other
S/O = Spin-off
SD = Sep Dad
SM = Step Mom
SS = Step Son
STBX = Soon To Be Ex
TIA = Thanks In Advance
TFS = Thanks for Sharing
TMI = Too Much Information
TOM = Time Of The Month
TTC = Trying To Conceive
TTYL = Talk To You Later
TY = Thank You
WAH(M) = Work At Home (Mom)
WOTH(M) = Work Outside the Home (Mom)
WB = Welcome Back
WTG = Way To Go

WTH = What The Heck

Quoting CozyBlankie:

Hello, sorry im new to this but what does DH and DS stand for?confused

BabySocks0912
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Hello ladies! I'm Heather! I'm 24 years old with two baby boys, 3 and 9 months. I'm also pregnant with number three :-) due in September. I'm married to my best friend, Mike. We'll mark three years of marriage in July '13
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)