Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nooners and hugging co-workers...

Posted by   + Show Post

I have co-workers that are always hugging.  3 female that hug everyone especially.  One is male and I have known his wife for 16 years and she is extreamly jealous.  One of these women do the full body hug to him and moans when he hugs her.  Then you see them all running to each other saying they need their "nooner".   Every morning, noon and before the end of the day.    My DH also works for the same company and says its so unprofessional.  I dont do the hugging thing.. I have no desire to even get involved but they act like I have a plaque because I dont.   But the hugging is attempted with almost every man coming through the doors now.    I just keep thinking if the wifes knew about it they would be upset.  I am not a jealous person but I wouldnt want my husband having "nooners" of any kind with co-workers.   I am serious when I say everyday , minimum of 3 times a day.. other days its calling for back rubs.    I am just a prude?  the only arms I want wrapped around me is my DH or kids.  

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
lanceandhailey
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM

That's very unprofessional, send an anonymous note to the boss about the behavior.

tiredmama42
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Especially the baby talk saying I need my huggie or Nooner.   

Quoting lapcounter:

Holy crap!!! I am 42 I would be embarrassed as hell if I worked there!

Quoting tiredmama42:

Unfortunately I am HR.  Since the Owners dont think nothing of it then I cant say anything.   I did once about one of the girls wrapping her leg around one of the guys while huggin him and they didnt care.   These women are all between 40 & 45.. and act like they are in heat. 

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

That's highly inappropriate.  Has anyone talked to HR about this?

xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Wow... that wouldn't fly with me. It is completely unprofessional.

tiredmama42
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Its a trucking company.  I have been here almost 17 years and it was professional when I started. Just keeps getting worse as the years go on.     Im glad its not just me that thinks its tacky and unprofessional.   Its usually like working in Romper Room.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Wow!!  What company is this??  Aren't they afraid of a lawsuit or something?  Geez..

Quoting tiredmama42:

I wish it worked that way.  They believe they are all consenting adults. 

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Tell the owners that this is very distracting, highly inappropriate and that this is making everyone else feel very uncomfortable and ask that you be allowed to handle it in a manner than an HR representative would.  (Meaning, they knock it off..  or get written up, then terminated).

Quoting tiredmama42:

Unfortunately I am HR.  Since the Owners dont think nothing of it then I cant say anything.   I did once about one of the girls wrapping her leg around one of the guys while huggin him and they didnt care.   These women are all between 40 & 45.. and act like they are in heat. 

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

That's highly inappropriate.  Has anyone talked to HR about this?

ETA:  The only other thing I can tell you is to quietly look for another job.  One where you don't have to put up with that nonsense.  Most companies..  HR would quickly shut PDA's like that down.

mommybellygirl
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM

i so agree. i dont think thats being prudish at all

AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM

It's extremely inappropriate, and you're right to be bothered by it. It's one thing to like hugging, it's something else entirely when you're doing it at work, especially when your coworkers' spouses and other non-hugging coworkers are made uncomfortable about it.

I read the replies... is there ANYthing you can do about it whatsoever? Someone higher up than the owners? I don't know... the health department?! Lmao.

clp0930
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Quoting Sagely:

*shudders*

Where the hell do you work?

my sentiments exactly.

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:48 PM

you are not being a prude by any means, you are being a grown up w/respect to other males (wives, gfs) and yes, the only arms i wrap around is my SO, kids, family, ... not the male co worker and the women that you are describing sound very disrespectful and immature...i agree w/your dh very unprofessional.....

Amberleigh81
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
They probably ARE having an affair.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thecoffeefairy
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
It's out of line. I'm not a touchy person though. I'm a germaphobe and people that I don't love can keep their grimy, germ infested, I just touched my balls or picked my nose and did not wash my hands to themselves, thank you very much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)