Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Nooners and hugging co-workers...

Posted by   + Show Post

I have co-workers that are always hugging.  3 female that hug everyone especially.  One is male and I have known his wife for 16 years and she is extreamly jealous.  One of these women do the full body hug to him and moans when he hugs her.  Then you see them all running to each other saying they need their "nooner".   Every morning, noon and before the end of the day.    My DH also works for the same company and says its so unprofessional.  I dont do the hugging thing.. I have no desire to even get involved but they act like I have a plaque because I dont.   But the hugging is attempted with almost every man coming through the doors now.    I just keep thinking if the wifes knew about it they would be upset.  I am not a jealous person but I wouldnt want my husband having "nooners" of any kind with co-workers.   I am serious when I say everyday , minimum of 3 times a day.. other days its calling for back rubs.    I am just a prude?  the only arms I want wrapped around me is my DH or kids.  

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Replies (41-48):
samanthabecker
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM
the owners are the only ones that can make a call on it? thats bull, sexual harassment is unwanted touchi.g, comments, etc. if your dh is uncomfortable with the hugs he needs to go to hr and let them know. especially with the moaner. if he doesn't complain then I say he actually doesnt mind. good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
That's just downright embarrassing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Myke
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

My hubby is too, and I was thinking the same thing!!

Quoting jess80:

Uuugghhh that's disturbing. My SO is in trucking....

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

That is ridiculous.  I have friends at work, but we don't hug each other at work.  If we see each other outside of work we might, but we act like professionals while at work. 

steelcrazy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a very touchy, huggy person and I find this very inappropriate for the work place.  Not to mention that the term 'nooner' screams something a lot more than just hugging.  KWIM?  Should not be happening and is a law suit waiting to happen in this day and age.

jess80
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM
That's ridiculous.

Quoting tiredmama42:

Most trucking companies these days are more professional.. ours is just "old school" they still talk awful, say sexist and racial slurrs etc..  most companies would fire people for alot less.

Quoting jess80:

Uuugghhh that's disturbing. My SO is in trucking....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ohmandy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

i think your right.  these chicks are just attention seekers going through midlife crisises.  reminds me of one of my sophomores... she hugs and kisses (on the cheek) like EVERYONE and its obvious its about attention.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Very unprofessional.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN