Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whould you stay

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 34 Replies
Would you stay in a marriage were there is no longer love. Just for the kids sake
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this

No because the kids will see it and feel it. You want to teach your children to grow up and be happy. Children learn more by example than words.

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM

no.

sweetmissy_05
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM
No
Daveson
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes.
Lorena
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM
No but I would not leave until I knew that I tried everything I could to get it back.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't believe that falling out of love is a good enough reason for a divorce. Love is work. You have to work at staying in love with your partner and to fall back in love with him when times get tough. Butterflies don't last forever and that is a good thing!!

I've been married to my husband for 10 years and our love for each other has been strained at times but we worked together to bring it back and we are happier then ever. =D

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM
No. Tried that & it didn't work out to well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Yes I would stay in a marriage but it would be because I believe that a couple can fall back in love. 

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:45 PM

This is a hard one for me to answer. Love is a choice. As long as my DH and I choose to love each other, there will be love. If we don't love each other anymore, it's because we've chosen that. If you're unable to just up and choose to love again, maybe find out what changed. What made you decide not to love? How can it be fixed? Sometimes it may take the help of a counselor, but in any case, as long as both parties are willing to make the relationship work, it absolutely will. And then the love is back and there's nothing to worry about.

mommybellygirl
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM

No. I would give it time because marriage has highs and lows but if i was certain the love was gone then no i wouldnt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)