Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would this make you angry?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 92 Replies

Yesterday was one of my dh three days off.  On his days off from work all I ask of him is to please wash the dishes so that when I come home to cook dinner I can start with a clean kitchen.  So I came home from 9 hours of dealing with rude customers at work and immediately started dinner while listening to dd's talk about their day at school and keeping our siberian huskies from wandering into the kitchen :D.  Once that was finished I served everyone, ate and immediately ran down to basement to start laundry.  While laundry was going I got the dinner dishes washed and started to help my dd's with their homework.  Once that was done I ran the vacuum in the living (think lots of hair left by two large dogs) and dusted and ran down to the basement to switch laundry around and fold and put away.  On my way back up my dh glanced up from his big comfy recliner where he was flipping through the channels and asked "Are you planning on getting the kids in the shower any time soon?"  I was instantly irritated. I knew he was asking because he wanted to be uhhh..intimate, after the kids went to bed. But I felt like he was saying I wasn't working hard enough or something.  I worked a 9 hour day while he had the day off and he still sat in his chair while I did everything and then wanted to tell me to move faster so he could "get some".  Would this make anyone else angry?  Or am I making too much of it?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM

It wouldn't make me angry, but it would irritate me.

finnbar
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM
23 moms liked this

well, to be honest, if he were my husband and this happened there wouldn't be any "gettin' some" that night....

LilliesValley
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd be irritated but you need to talk about it at another time not when you are angry. I'd be expecting him to do more on his day off anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

It would irritate me so much he wouldn't be getting any that night.  My husband wouldn't do that though.  He does the dusting, vacuuming, and mopping.  I do the laundry, dishes, sweeping and bathrooms.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I would told him tired, busted behind today at work and home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Why didn't he run the vacuum and do the laundry, his limbs broke? My husband would have without being asked and I can promise he wouldn't have gotten any with a question like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabeybaby07
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

YES! my dh does that to me too. I work full time im out at 7am back by 6pm - 6 days a week. Just enough time to get dinner started (i ask him to have the dished done too so i can work with a clean kitchen but he hardly listens), laundry sorted for the laundrymat, vacuum, do home work with ds, play with ds for a little or watch cartoons with him, get him in the bath and ready for bed. And dh will some times make a snarky remark like "arent you going to straighten up this mess in the living room" or "when are you going to fold the socks" And i just look at him with "oh i know you just did not say that right now" look. He can really piss me off. What makes it worse hes a SAHD. Like get off you ass and do it yourself.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Ditto, along with,
I'm sorry baby, I didn't realize you would melt if you tested the temperature and did that part yourself.

Quoting lapcounter:

Why didn't he run the vacuum and do the laundry, his limbs broke? My husband would have without being asked and I can promise he wouldn't have gotten any with a question like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BipolarMom09
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it would have made me angry! Maybe you could talk to him, once you've calmed down a little, and maybe make him a 'honey-do' list for his days off...? My DH has a terrible memory so I had to make him a list of things that I need done daily. Even when he works and goes to classes, he is expected to help at home too. His grandma doesn't agree with that because she thinks the homemaker should do it ALL but I have two toddlers and am 5 1/2 months pregnant, two dogs, a cat, etc. and he can help me for a few minutes each night when he gets home. Lol...maybe that's just me but it works for us. Hope you guys can talk it out and definitely let him know how you took that comment so that he knows for future reference. My husband always tells me that he isn't a mind reader and for him to change or watch what he says,  I have to let him know. Hope this has helped you some and you find a solution! :)
hugs

paknari
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Lol my dH knows that he has to help with chores. We both work and I actually work more hours than him. He definately wouldn't be getting any for awhile. I would be too tired!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)