Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would this make you angry?

Posted by   + Show Post

Yesterday was one of my dh three days off.  On his days off from work all I ask of him is to please wash the dishes so that when I come home to cook dinner I can start with a clean kitchen.  So I came home from 9 hours of dealing with rude customers at work and immediately started dinner while listening to dd's talk about their day at school and keeping our siberian huskies from wandering into the kitchen :D.  Once that was finished I served everyone, ate and immediately ran down to basement to start laundry.  While laundry was going I got the dinner dishes washed and started to help my dd's with their homework.  Once that was done I ran the vacuum in the living (think lots of hair left by two large dogs) and dusted and ran down to the basement to switch laundry around and fold and put away.  On my way back up my dh glanced up from his big comfy recliner where he was flipping through the channels and asked "Are you planning on getting the kids in the shower any time soon?"  I was instantly irritated. I knew he was asking because he wanted to be uhhh..intimate, after the kids went to bed. But I felt like he was saying I wasn't working hard enough or something.  I worked a 9 hour day while he had the day off and he still sat in his chair while I did everything and then wanted to tell me to move faster so he could "get some".  Would this make anyone else angry?  Or am I making too much of it?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Replies (21-30):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm sorry but I would have handed HIM the bottle of lotion and propped MY feet in HIS lap!  I can understand wanting to spoil your husband but c'mon now..  he had the whole day off and he couldn't lift a single finger??  That irritates me..

As far as the whole being intimate when the kids are in bed..  the bottle of lotion would have come in handy for that too!!  Since I would have spent all evening doing the housework by myself..  he can "do it himself" too.  :x

Quoting 37momofthree:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Have you ever seen the show "Snapped" on Oxygen?  This is the reason why that show exists!!  :)  I would have taken my shoe off and thrown it upside his head.

LOL!  No I've never seen it but now I have to check it out!  I'm a pretty giving person and I absolutely hate to fight.  I actually enjoy taking care of my dd's and my dh.  BUT I don't like to feel like I'm being taken for granted which is exactly what I've been feeling lately.  A few nights ago I did the whole dinner/dishes routine minus the kids cuz they were with their dad for the night.  Afterward I took a quick shower and joined my dh in the bedroom (and made him very happy).  Then we came into the living room to watch some tv.  However, I wanted to finish up some laundry so he turned on his game system instead and played a video game.  When I was finished folding and putting away laundry I sat on the floor next to his recliner while he played his video game I massaged his feet with lotion.  This is how I spoil my dh most days and like I said I don't mind doing it but when he starts acting like this then the spoiling pretty much stops.

nurbabe82
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Oh that would have set me off lol. Not screaming but that definitely would have stopped me in my tracks and would have told him about himself lol. Matter fact I did this the other morning (in my defense I am not a morning person).

momto3B
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM

If this is not a regular thing, why did you not just tell him to help you, instead of getting irritated and posting here. Could have been solved very easily. 

Quoting 37momofthree:

Quoting momto3B:

I would never have married such a man. 

It cracks me up when people answer with something like this.  We probably would have never gotten married if he had acted like this in the beginning.  He used to take care of me.  And to be fair on some days he still does cook dinner or do something unexpected.  Just not often.  And his attitude on this particular night really irritated me. 

247beachbumz
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM

i'd be irritatedn let him know i hve a headache n wuz too tired.....sorry no nookie for ur lazy azz

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to talk to your husband about it

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I would be irritated. I would tell him if he wants any, to get his a$$ out of the chair and give the kids a shower so you could relax a bit to even get in the mood. 

jerk...

37momofthree
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Quoting momto3B:

If this is not a regular thing, why did you not just tell him to help you, instead of getting irritated and posting here. Could have been solved very easily. 

Quoting 37momofthree:

Quoting momto3B:

I would never have married such a man. 

It cracks me up when people answer with something like this.  We probably would have never gotten married if he had acted like this in the beginning.  He used to take care of me.  And to be fair on some days he still does cook dinner or do something unexpected.  Just not often.  And his attitude on this particular night really irritated me. 

Gee thanks!  I never thought of that!  Or maybe I did exactly that and just wanted other wives point of view as well.  Isn't that what cm is for?  Sharing thoughts, getting advice, even a little bitching between women.  Thanks though.  Appreciate the thought. 

sydjademom24
by Rachel J on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh heeeeeeelllllll no! I would so not "put out" if my husband acted like that! It's opposite for us...he works 11-13 hours a day, and still comes home and helps me with stuff. I try my hardest to do everything besides take the garbage out and mow the lawn....that's just always been stuff he's done. But if my day has been crazy, like dr appointment or errands and I haven't had a chance to get to everything he will help out...with homework, baths, bedtime, putting dinner away....whatever. I would nicely (even though your irritated) tell him that your not in the mood because your exhausted from having to do everything yourself. That it would be nice if he helped out, that you would be more in the mood if he helped you. Just explain that when you are left to do everything yourself that it really takes away from the romantic feelings at the end of the night. That you want to be with him, but it's hard not to be upset when your doing it all alone. I would certainly be angry, and you are not making too much of this!

annasmom1234
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Ummm-no.  I would be furious!

mommykm
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM

thats not okay, he would def not be getting some! he needs to help out more. you are not a robot. hes off so he cn get his but off that chair at give those kids a bath

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN