Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would this make you angry?

Posted by   + Show Post

Yesterday was one of my dh three days off.  On his days off from work all I ask of him is to please wash the dishes so that when I come home to cook dinner I can start with a clean kitchen.  So I came home from 9 hours of dealing with rude customers at work and immediately started dinner while listening to dd's talk about their day at school and keeping our siberian huskies from wandering into the kitchen :D.  Once that was finished I served everyone, ate and immediately ran down to basement to start laundry.  While laundry was going I got the dinner dishes washed and started to help my dd's with their homework.  Once that was done I ran the vacuum in the living (think lots of hair left by two large dogs) and dusted and ran down to the basement to switch laundry around and fold and put away.  On my way back up my dh glanced up from his big comfy recliner where he was flipping through the channels and asked "Are you planning on getting the kids in the shower any time soon?"  I was instantly irritated. I knew he was asking because he wanted to be uhhh..intimate, after the kids went to bed. But I felt like he was saying I wasn't working hard enough or something.  I worked a 9 hour day while he had the day off and he still sat in his chair while I did everything and then wanted to tell me to move faster so he could "get some".  Would this make anyone else angry?  Or am I making too much of it?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Yes, that would make me angry. I would have said, feel free to do it yourself if you're in so much of a rush.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I would have been irritated too in your position.   I probably would have delegated some of what needed to be done to him though. 

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I would calmly have asked him if he could do it since you were so busy doing other things.

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:26 PM

yep thay would have irraited me.that crap doesnt fly in our house. dh did that once, so i left that chore for him to do and no sex. he changed his tune fast.

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I get irritated when my DH does things like that. But usually I'll take a deep breath and be as polite as possible while explaining to him why what he said upset me. Then he gets it. Men don't realize how what they say affects us.

catrig
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM

If you are both working why is he doing more?

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:58 PM

If my DH said that to me with the same intention yours had (sex) and I knew that's what he meant, no, it wouldn't have bothered me. In fact, I probably would have laughed and then told him to get the kids ready for bed while I finished cleaning and then we could meet in the bedroom when we were done.

Now, if he didn't mean sex, or at least, if I didn't KNOW that's what he was referring to, then yes, it would have pissed me off.

Aamy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I would of told him to get off HIS ass and do it. 

stickyfingers
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM
you should have told him they will be showered as soon as he gets them in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carinsmommy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM

My response would have been "no, but you can bath them while I finish this please."
Hint Hint LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)