Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would this make you angry?

Posted by   + Show Post

Yesterday was one of my dh three days off.  On his days off from work all I ask of him is to please wash the dishes so that when I come home to cook dinner I can start with a clean kitchen.  So I came home from 9 hours of dealing with rude customers at work and immediately started dinner while listening to dd's talk about their day at school and keeping our siberian huskies from wandering into the kitchen :D.  Once that was finished I served everyone, ate and immediately ran down to basement to start laundry.  While laundry was going I got the dinner dishes washed and started to help my dd's with their homework.  Once that was done I ran the vacuum in the living (think lots of hair left by two large dogs) and dusted and ran down to the basement to switch laundry around and fold and put away.  On my way back up my dh glanced up from his big comfy recliner where he was flipping through the channels and asked "Are you planning on getting the kids in the shower any time soon?"  I was instantly irritated. I knew he was asking because he wanted to be uhhh..intimate, after the kids went to bed. But I felt like he was saying I wasn't working hard enough or something.  I worked a 9 hour day while he had the day off and he still sat in his chair while I did everything and then wanted to tell me to move faster so he could "get some".  Would this make anyone else angry?  Or am I making too much of it?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
N_maricle
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I would irritate me. I would tell my hubby to go get the kids in the shower himself, that way we could get down to business quicker;)

mommagirl77
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Quoting finnbar:

well, to be honest, if he were my husband and this happened there wouldn't be any "gettin' some" that night....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofpreemieboy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM

HECK YA! My DH does almost all the cleaning, yard work, windows, and laundry. I start dishes go see what our youngest DS wants and when I get back dishes are done and put away. My DH is awesome and I feel I don't deserve him. But lucky me he is. I was in two abusive marriages before him. I worked came home cleaned, cooked, Fed the children, got their homework done. went back to work, Came home slept one hour, got the girls ready for school, took them to school, and came home to be yelled at because I didn't clean up breakfast dishes. Then he would slap punch or drag me by my hair. Also forced sex on me.I worked 18 hrs a day he stayed at home. so I feel I don't deserve my wonderful DH.

ehale77562
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to marriage. Lol same shit happens here every damn day.
CharlotteRose
"A true friend is someone who thinks you're a good egg, even though they know you're slightly cracked."
Yesterday at 1:33 PM
by Charlotte on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Yes, I would be very angry, hurt and resentment would be inside of my heart.  He sounds like he has been taking advantage of you......

yinyang6788
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Yes that would Pisa me off. The hubby has to work cuz of child support. So the finances are all on me anyway
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by Amy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I would have said "Well, if you want them to shower so badly, why don't you handle that if you're not too busy?"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I would have been iritated. I am glad my SO helps fifty percent with all chores.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaitybird
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Really what a selfish MAN!  He needs a wake up call.  What kind a MARRIAGE is that when husbands are like that.  Mine would never do that!  

raschwittay
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:41 PM

It would irritate me. But i'd tell him to get off his lazy ass and do it himself if he wants ANY nookie at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)