Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this make you angry?

Posted by   + Show Post

Yesterday was one of my dh three days off.  On his days off from work all I ask of him is to please wash the dishes so that when I come home to cook dinner I can start with a clean kitchen.  So I came home from 9 hours of dealing with rude customers at work and immediately started dinner while listening to dd's talk about their day at school and keeping our siberian huskies from wandering into the kitchen :D.  Once that was finished I served everyone, ate and immediately ran down to basement to start laundry.  While laundry was going I got the dinner dishes washed and started to help my dd's with their homework.  Once that was done I ran the vacuum in the living (think lots of hair left by two large dogs) and dusted and ran down to the basement to switch laundry around and fold and put away.  On my way back up my dh glanced up from his big comfy recliner where he was flipping through the channels and asked "Are you planning on getting the kids in the shower any time soon?"  I was instantly irritated. I knew he was asking because he wanted to be uhhh..intimate, after the kids went to bed. But I felt like he was saying I wasn't working hard enough or something.  I worked a 9 hour day while he had the day off and he still sat in his chair while I did everything and then wanted to tell me to move faster so he could "get some".  Would this make anyone else angry?  Or am I making too much of it?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Replies (51-60):
opal10161973
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:05 PM

LOL  I just realised we do the same thing.  He doesn't dust though. 

Quoting SP_Mama:

It would irritate me so much he wouldn't be getting any that night.  My husband wouldn't do that though.  He does the dusting, vacuuming, and mopping.  I do the laundry, dishes, sweeping and bathrooms.

MommaTasha1003
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM

If we ever both work, dh knows id expect the house work to be split as well...

Id be upset if the house wasnt straightened after I worked all day, what did he do?!

bugsmama149
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

And then he probably just expected you to go into "automatic horny mode" after the kids were in bed right? I woulda been too annoyed to even consider sex.

my4kids274
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM

If my dh did that he definately would not be getting any that night!  I would be majorly irritated and I would have said something to him about it. 

trailerrrtrash
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I'd be annoyed for sure. And I'd tell him to start getting kids into the shower while I handled other thing...or he could handle other things while I handled showers. He knows better than to say anything unless he wants me putting his butt to work. I don't mind doing everything, I'm home all day...but don't be like that when I'm doing 10 things at once.

SoKamele
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM

he wouldnt get none

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I wouldn't have been angry but I would have been irritated with my dh and he definitely wouldn't have been getting any from me.

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Wow are you serious? That's your fault, you should have asked for help if you couldn't handle all the house duties. You should have asked him to help with the kids while you handle the other things. "simple as that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momamanda
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Yeah this sounds like my dh! and no he wouldn't be "getting any" that night.

LoraKuhn
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I agree here. You should ask him to help you though, if you both work , you should both be doing housework.

Quoting finnbar:

well, to be honest, if he were my husband and this happened there wouldn't be any "gettin' some" that night....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)