Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would this make you angry?

Posted by   + Show Post

Yesterday was one of my dh three days off.  On his days off from work all I ask of him is to please wash the dishes so that when I come home to cook dinner I can start with a clean kitchen.  So I came home from 9 hours of dealing with rude customers at work and immediately started dinner while listening to dd's talk about their day at school and keeping our siberian huskies from wandering into the kitchen :D.  Once that was finished I served everyone, ate and immediately ran down to basement to start laundry.  While laundry was going I got the dinner dishes washed and started to help my dd's with their homework.  Once that was done I ran the vacuum in the living (think lots of hair left by two large dogs) and dusted and ran down to the basement to switch laundry around and fold and put away.  On my way back up my dh glanced up from his big comfy recliner where he was flipping through the channels and asked "Are you planning on getting the kids in the shower any time soon?"  I was instantly irritated. I knew he was asking because he wanted to be uhhh..intimate, after the kids went to bed. But I felt like he was saying I wasn't working hard enough or something.  I worked a 9 hour day while he had the day off and he still sat in his chair while I did everything and then wanted to tell me to move faster so he could "get some".  Would this make anyone else angry?  Or am I making too much of it?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Replies (71-80):
ShannaBee
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I'd be angry/irritated.

Cindy1221
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Well actually, its happened to me a few times, to get through it I realized that i want a day off too! So now i just announce out loud that we are getting pizza, so I don't cook, the dishes, and chores will get done tomorrow if no one else does them(haha), and i want to watch my movie... Sometimes you just gotta DO for YOU.. Try it one day, you will freak everyone out! Lol good luck.
Course, the other way is to just tell/ask him to do the little things... That you know he is fully capable of doing.

Quoting 37momofthree:

Yesterday was one of my dh three days off.  On his days off from work all I ask of him is to please wash the dishes so that when I come home to cook dinner I can start with a clean kitchen.  So I came home from 9 hours of dealing with rude customers at work and immediately started dinner while listening to dd's talk about their day at school and keeping our siberian huskies from wandering into the kitchen :D.  Once that was finished I served everyone, ate and immediately ran down to basement to start laundry.  While laundry was going I got the dinner dishes washed and started to help my dd's with their homework.  Once that was done I ran the vacuum in the living (think lots of hair left by two large dogs) and dusted and ran down to the basement to switch laundry around and fold and put away.  On my way back up my dh glanced up from his big comfy recliner where he was flipping through the channels and asked "Are you planning on getting the kids in the shower any time soon?"  I was instantly irritated. I knew he was asking because he wanted to be uhhh..intimate, after the kids went to bed. But I felt like he was saying I wasn't working hard enough or something.  I worked a 9 hour day while he had the day off and he still sat in his chair while I did everything and then wanted to tell me to move faster so he could "get some".  Would this make anyone else angry?  Or am I making too much of it?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I wouldn't be angry.

briebaby123
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I'd be very irriated/angry/pissed, whatever the heck you wanna call it, that's rude!!
My dh does that now and again, so I just drop everything and walk away and tell him he can do it himself.

IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM
That's almost every day of my life. My dh has 2 days off and barely lifts a finger unless its to help his son, my ss. Ss is almost 13 and him and dh have been cleaning his room, not very big for almost 3 hours. It's one room...Gees and today is our only off day together. I'm thinking with my dh off tomorrow and kids out of school he could have helped him tomorrow so we could spend the today together. I work tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:32 PM

It would annoy me, but I would not have gotten angry.   

I would have said sure, rolled my eyes as  went on to finish what I was doing.

lageise
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Yes.  It would probably piss me off.

mrsjackson0329
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

have you tried asking him to help you out when you get home instead of just expecting him to remember? Men do seem to have conveninetly bad memories if the task isn't exciting to them at all. I have to ask my husband multiple times before he does what I want him to do. To be honest I would be a little annoyed and I wouldn't give him any after the apparent attitude that he gave you.

Mommy7497
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I agree with a lot of these moms he would definitely not be getting anything that night I would tell him that once I bathed the kids I would be too tired to still have to do another chore. That next time he wants that he better help out.

AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM

No, because my SO wouldn't do that. We are a team, and when there is a lot to get done, we split it up. He wouldn't have been sitting on his butt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN