Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I have an appt with my OB/GYN today. I found a lump in my breast.
Has anybody ever had this and had a good outcome?
My maternal grandmother had breast cancer. She had a double mastectomy.
I am scared to death......
Please pray/send good thoughts my way! 

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Replies (11-14):
Allebas
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM

My mom has had 2 mammos come back with 'suspicious-looking lumps.' Both times they were calcium deposits. I will be praying for you!! Please keep us posted!! {{HUGS!!}}

jmjdj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I had a lump once and my OB/GYN sent me for an ultrasound, mammogram, and to a surgeon for another opinion. It turned out to be nothing other than that I have very fibrous breast tissue that can sometimes feel like lumps. My doctor encouraged me to always do self breast checks and always ask when I don't feel comfortable with something. He didn't make me feel like an alarmist....especially considering that he felt it too without me telling him where it was.

My cousin also had a lump that turned out to be an infection of some sort. She had a minor surgery and has had no problems since.

Just wanted to let you know that it's not always something bad....but with a history of breast cancer in your family, you should definitely get it checked out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lachiche
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I had lump in my breast as in my teen yrs and a couple a year ago it wasn't cancer tho it was a cyst in my same breast but yes i will be sending prayer your way  as well hugs

Proud2bamomma
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Good luck to you!! fingers crossed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN