Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help I am so confused :(

Posted by   + Show Post
Well this isn't something I would normally ask people I don't know well for advise but I just want some other opinions on my situation. Well I met the man of my dreams and we have a baby girl now. Thing is he has left us off and on since I found I was preggo. He left twice during my pregnancy and even missed her birth. Then he left when she was 6 months old and I was devastated. After nearly 4 months I decided maybe he would never come back so I met someone. Someone I had been friends with for awhile though. He is great and loves all my kids. He made me forget about all the pain. And the bonus is that he is a single dad too. Well a few days ago my babys daddy returned and said he wants to come home. Now I am torn. He wants to come back in 2 weeks so I have to decide. I love him with my whole heart and soul but I am afraid of making a mistake. My kids are very mad at me for wanting to take him back :( everything was going perfect and now its all a mess....help :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

You would be inviting him back to cause pain again. It's time to say goodbye and do what is best for your children only expose them to healthy relationships from now on.

Ilaynasmommy
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Dh left for 3 mos when dd was 8 mos. He was an awesome dad before then. I wasn't happy with the Guy I was seeing at the time and kicked him out for dh (we weren't married then). He came back completely ready and devoted. But if your older kids don't want you to take him back listen to them. They know better. But I will say if you are doubting staying the new Guy probably isn't the one either. From the time I met dh I knew he was the one for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katmom76
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I am going through something similar. Let him go. You are worth so much more.

adamswife08
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM

He's already left you twice so odds are is that he'll leave you again. Don't bring him back in your life. You are not a doormat

Twise85
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:05 AM
This. You need to stop the cycle. Sorry but you are being played like a fool, this guy knows that so he comes in and out of your life as he pleases because you have let him! Children come first, their well being is worth more than this loser!

Quoting USMCwife0530:

This. The man of your dreams would not leave you...twice.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

You would be a fool to take him back.. Your kids should come first. Good luck

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiddleAgeMess
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:30 AM
You can love him, but you have to love yourself & your children more. I dated a man that I honestly fell in love with at first sight. We dated for a year, split for 8mths, then dated another year. (lived together both times) Neither of us hurt the other, and we functioned well together, the love was there, but there was just something missing so we had an amicable split. 'A' was a good guy who will forever hold a piece of my heart, but I knew it wasn't right & I'm so glad that I didn't just stay because it made sense to. Though it was 8 years later, I met my (now) dh & he is THE love of my life. There isn't a minute of the day that he doesn't fill my heart. And that "thing" that was missing in 'A' is more than alive & well with dh. You're asking because you want to be with him but you know you shouldn't. Listen to your gut...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom7142
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Sounds like he isn't trustworthy. Love your kids and enjoy the love your new guy gives you and your kids. The baby daddy is missing out not you!
tallmom1
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM

He will leave again..Sounds like he has a hard time staing where he is needed.

rstuart66
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Don't let a leaver back in your life and keep the new guy.  He's sounds like he is better for the kids.

Myshon
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Man of your dreams??? Sounds more like a nightmare to me! He obviously doesn't love you or you little girl. I would politely decline the idea of him coming back "home" ......or fuck off, your choice. You need to love yourself and your daughter first. Stick with the new and stable fella. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)