Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

advice from ppl who have been in this situation only--a bit long but juicy worth a few minutes to read

Posted by   + Show Post

infedility

will state i am 4 mo pregnant with his child we are not married but have been dating 3 yrs i wrote this to his ex wife and his childs mother [we are on friend terms] 

tell me what you think about my situation other than its real shtty and please dont tell me to leave him thats obvious 

ALSO THIS IS THE FIRST I KNOW OF HIM CHEATING

BF  has hurt me.. u may not find this as a shock but he cheated on me with a girl from his past .. about 2 weeks ago i am torn hurt beyond and i just dont know what to do.. i love this fool so much but he cheated i know our relationship really is not your biz but i feel like u can give me insight and help me make the decision to leave him permanently or what

HER REPLY

FIRST OF ALL, I WANNA SAY I KNOW EXACTLY HOW U FEEL. HE HURT ME TOO AND HE'S THE ONLY MAN THAT HAS HURT ME. THE THINGS IS THAT YA"LL HAVE A BABY TOGETHER AND I DONT THINK U SHOULD BE SELFISH IN YA DECISION MAKING. P TENDS TO BE A BETTER FATHER WHEN HE'S IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS BABY MOTHER. HE MISSED OUT ON A LOT OF YEARS WHEN IT COMES TO HIS SON. IM NOT SURE HOW LONG HE HAS BEEN CHEATING ON U WITH HER OR IF ITS SOMETHING NEW. MY FIRST INSTINCT IS TO TELL U TO LEAVE HIS ASS. BUT WHEN I THINK ABOUT WHAT I'VE BEEN THRU. I THINK THAT MAYBE U SHOULD TALK TO P AND GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE IF HE'S WILLING TO CHANGE. BUT IT'S LIKE UR TAKING A CHANCE ON GETTING HURT AGAIN.

IT'S A DAMN SHAME HE'S DOING THE SAME SHIT AND WITH HER. HER ASS GOT LIKE 4 KIDS.

ALso does it sound like she regrets not giving him a chance

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
bethany0199
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM

i cut and pasted his exes reply..easier than retyping..derr and if u cant offer anything better than an ignorant comment then move along 

bethany0199
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM

i guess i was  venting to an extent..

i wanted ppl to read the exes remark and  see if it sounds like she regretted not giving him that 2nd chance---as for wanting to hear one answer over the other not really.. this is still very fresh and hurtful..leave him is the obvious but i guess i wanted to hear from anyone that was able to overcome it and how they did so..

mrs.Martinez201
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Of course first thought is leave. When dh and I where early in our relationship he cheated A LOT. I thought I'd never get over it, never be able to be with him. I loved the man and wanted to work it out, we talked a lot and I found out the reasoning behind it, not that it made it ok, but I had some understanding. We both wanted to work things out and I believed he regreted what he had done. It took us a long time and things where ugly, finally we resorted to counseling. Now we have been happily married, he's better to me then I ever thought he could be, and I have no worries about him being faithful. It can happen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PRwahm
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:47 AM

If youre worried about your baby's well being... You both will be WAY better off without him. Adding: Dont base your stay on finances, you will find a way and he still has to pay child support. I went through that and when they (my kids) were old enough they let me know they knew their father was fooling around all the time, even while I was working or something and he was with them.

Jess3point0
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM
He might be a better father when he's in a relationship, but that doesn't mean you need to put up with that kind of crap from him. Besides it sends a message to your child as they get older that it is ok to treat woman like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM

So he's actively cheating on you with another of his ex-girlfriends but all you are concerned about is if his ex still has feelings for him and regrets breaking up with him? Uhhhhh....ok. 

Quoting bethany0199:

i guess i was  venting to an extent..

i wanted ppl to read the exes remark and  see if it sounds like she regretted not giving him that 2nd chance---as for wanting to hear one answer over the other not really.. this is still very fresh and hurtful..leave him is the obvious but i guess i wanted to hear from anyone that was able to overcome it and how they did so..

bethany0199
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM

not at all readwritlov

i wanted to know if in her opinio0n he is worth the fight... maybe because it sounds crazy and the stuff he did is bad to some but sometimes u have to accept ppl and learn to ;fight thru challenges i dunno

bethany0199
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM

i mean if u give up on a person so easy after something wrong then its kind of a testament to ur own resilincy maybe.. and yes there are others to try to start a life but....

Amybelle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Look at his track record! You can be naive and "give him a chance" but he's a Leopard that isn't going to change his spots. How much time are you going to waste on him?

bethany0199
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM

yea i hear it but i just cant accept it.. gosh i dunno..i think its pain and frustration.. but look i hear from ppl that they have over infidelity by a chronic cheater so it can work..do i wanna spend that time making it though?? not sure its too soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN