Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Need some help.

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:47 AM
  • 5 Replies
Not sure if this is where I need to post, but my daughter is now 10 months old now and she is waking up every two hours just like she did when she was newborn. Nothing has changed. She hardly goes to stay with anyone. When dh's mom has her she goes to bed the same time there as she does here and has never had a problem. She has slept thru the night since she was 6 months old. This week all of a sudden has been different. I am beyound exhausted and don't know what to do. Has anyone ever been thru this and how long did it take for your kids to get back to sleeping thru the night?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM

You might do better in a baby group for more answers. Sometimes they relapse. Was she recently sick? Change from bottle to sippy? Anxiety issue (such as seperation anxiety?)  Is she fussy when she wakes? Is she napping during the day? If so is she napping too late? Do you have a set routine for bedtime? How do you handle it when she wakes up?

I know this is alot of questions and not any answers, but more information can help pinpoint the cause. 

crystalrbp
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM
She just got over RSV, we are working on using a sippy, she take two naps at the most (morning nap and afternoon nap), she is always in bed by 8:30, I get up get her get a bottle and cuddle with her while she has her bottle. Just never had one of my kids do this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Every child is different. Getting over being sick can cause a relapse in sleep pattern. If you are introducing the sippy at night, that is a change in her routine. How long is her afternoon nap? Is she napping too late? It will take her some time to get settled back into routine.  I know your tired and feeling frustrated. Maybe give her a few more days. I've given my kids lavendar baths and a bit of chamomile tea to help soothe them.

Quoting crystalrbp:

She just got over RSV, we are working on using a sippy, she take two naps at the most (morning nap and afternoon nap), she is always in bed by 8:30, I get up get her get a bottle and cuddle with her while she has her bottle. Just never had one of my kids do this.

kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM
YYea bein sick messes them up. She could be growing and maybe hungry?, teething? Lots of things make babies stop sleeping. Could she have an earache?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Every baby is different. How long it takes for 1 baby to go to sleep is different from how long it will take another baby. Talk to your doctor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)